15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Wilson is very evasive. 6 sacks might not suggest it, but given the fact he was dodging people left and right damn near every play it shows how evasive he can be. He's trained under swiss cheese. If Gruden doesn't think out line is swiss cheese, he's dumber than I thought, and I already didn't think he was smart
    If he has to do that I would say that his offensive line is lacking.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Wilson is very evasive. 6 sacks might not suggest it, but given the fact he was dodging people left and right damn near every play it shows how evasive he can be. He's trained under swiss cheese. If Gruden doesn't think out line is swiss cheese, he's dumber than I thought, and I already didn't think he was smart
    Big problem is the play calling. Wilson is good at a quick release. Seahawks are built around a foundation of explosive plays on the redline. I don't think they can rely on that anymore with this o line. They need to go to short crossing routes and get YAC. This is how they made the season turn around last year. Philly game specifically. Having every receiver release to a go route with a short QB that needs passing lanes is just awful...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If he has to do that I would say that his offensive line is lacking.
    Lacking? It's friggin' swiss cheese brah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    It's what keeps the hope of a running QB alive.
    Wonder why there's so little talent coming up through college.
    Colleges are running lots of spread offenses, so NFL-style protection is a steep learning curve for offensive linemen. Linemen have lots to learn when they get to the pros that previously they would've likely learned in college. Also, the O-line, more than any other position, relies on lots of reps to build a cohesive unit that can play together. The cutting down of full-contact practicing in the preseason etc. reduces their chances to get reps as a collective.

Also, it's amazing that behind that swiss cheese O-line, Wilson was 20/26 at more than 10 YPA.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2015-10-06 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know the bat was illegal, I thought it was great. So now that people know do they just need to make it look like an accident in the future? Seems stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I didn't know the bat was illegal, I thought it was great. So now that people know do they just need to make it look like an accident in the future? Seems stupid.
    It is a dumb rule because jumping on top of it IS legal which makes the bat rule ancillary

- - - Updated - - -

Crunched some numbers; Seahawks have the 3rd best defense by points allowed and 2nd best defense by yards allowed in the NFL, and this is with HALF of their games played without Chancellor. Still think we aren't an elite defense?

Crunched some numbers; Seahawks have the 3rd best defense by points allowed and 2nd best defense by yards allowed in the NFL, and this is with HALF of their games played without Chancellor. Still think we aren't an elite defense?
    Giving up 3 points in two games to opposing offenses helps :P Somehow the LoB doesn't have an interception yet. Dalton had better beware.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been going to bed early and watching the late games in the morning. Good god that was such a Lion's way to lose the game. I honestly thought they'd at least get a FG and put the ball on Wilson to win it, but NOPE. (Unless the Lions got the TD, I'm convinced Wilson would have driven them down for at least a FG to win.)

And on the shoulders of their best player as well, so the Lions fans can't even blame the player without shooting themselves in the foot. Such a shame.

This Lions team does not look like the worst team in football though, standings be damned. Speaking of which: Report card for this week? I assume Arizona will have gone down but not sure how the rest faired.

- - - Updated - - -

Seattle's Michael Bennet is....special.

To Paul Allen (about Kam's contract situation):

Pay him, pay him. Paul Allen’s the 17th-richest man in the world. Pay him.
    Yeah, cause there's no such thing as the salary cap or anything right? Just pay him.

More gems:

I don’t like Matt Stafford much,” Bennett said. “He’s from Dallas. They killed the president (JFK). I hold it against him.
    Mentioned to Michael Bennett how the Seahawks stress the importance of defending every inch on defense. His response: "Kind of like sex"
    Source

Deleted
    The Seahawks may have the worst O-line this season by quite a margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    The Seahawks may have the worst O-line this season by quite a margin.
    And its not just pass blocking like previous years. They can't establish a run between the tackles. I know that Seattle couldn't just go and pay Mathis or someone. However the veterans are sucking a lot. Sweezy being beat by DBs. Okung is just bad. Everybody gave Cable the benefit of the doubt because he was a run first o line guy and generally did well at that. Well now the o line is trash in both phases.

Wilson has always bought his o-line something nice for Christmas. I have a feeling this year his o-line will be buying him a tombstone. On pace for something like 72 sacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the "Tannehil is a jerk" thing:

Tannehill situation seems like a non-story. D was being jerks by picking off passes during a walk-through. Returning for TDs a time-waster.
    Source

When faced with a choice between a QB with an impeccable record so far OR a Defense that's displayed a terrible attitude all season, I think I'll choose to believe the D being the "guilty" part here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    About the "Tannehil is a jerk" thing:

Source

When faced with a choice between a QB with an impeccable record so far OR a Defense that's displayed a terrible attitude all season, I think I'll choose to believe the D being the "guilty" part here.
    Yeahhh, I'm with Tannehil on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    To be fair that was against the Beats with Clausen and maybe the worst team in the league at home, in a game they almost lost.
    Seriously. In the 2 games that werent against total shitholes they gave up 34 and 27, hardly impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that the packers have by far the best chance of gong undefeated, unless they rest starters the last 2-3 games. The diviision is pretty bad (sad that Minnesota is the second best team in it)
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Pretty sure that the packers have by far the best chance of gong undefeated, unless they rest starters the last 2-3 games. The diviision is pretty bad (sad that Minnesota is the second best team in it)
    Idk coming in the next few weeks they have @Denver and @Carolina. Even vs Rams can be tricky depending which vs of the Rams decides to show up. I could see a loss coming in one of those games

New Englands schedule however looks pretty damn easy to me

Deleted
    Patriots schedule:

Packers schedule:

I wouldn't say they by far have the best chance, since the Patriots schedule is pretty fucking easy.

This Lions team does not look like the worst team in football though, standings be damned. Speaking of which: Report card for this week? I assume Arizona will have gone down but not sure how the rest faired.
    I have to agree with this. The Lions were a team that looked capable of going .500 or better, with a decent shot of a wildcard bid, but their schedule is kind of shitty. They have played 3/4 games on the road this season and their home game came against Denver. Their next home game comes against the tough Cardinals team in week 5 before they actually get a promising stretch of 3 home games against the Bears, Vikings and Chiefs (albeit the Vikings did out play them once this season). I don't think they get a win until week 6 and think they will probably be 2-6 after that 4 game home stand and a bye week, heading off to a game in Green Bay for week 10 and loss #7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver had to get a late field goal to beat Minnesota, and Green Bay is a lot better then them. And Carolina? Pshaw

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots play the same hard teams as the packers, plus the Giants (kryptonite) and the at least decent jets again
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver had to get a late field goal to beat Minnesota, and Green Bay is a lot better then them. And Carolina? Pshaw

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots play the same hard teams as the packers, plus the Giants (kryptonite) and the at least decent jets again
    Err, Panthers are better than the Jets. At least the Panthers have a QB. Defense is a wash, but the lack of QB is going to hurt the Jets. In fact, any day now Fitzmagic is going to have one of his Fitztragic days and cost the Jets a sure victory. HE's allready had several times where he should normally have been intercepted. He's just been lucky till this point, but you don;t stay lucky in the NFL for long.

I'll give you the Patriots are probably going to lose to the Giants in NY, but I'd still much rather have Patriots schedule then GB's. Rams, Cowboys with Romo back, Cardinals in Arizona. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which: Report card for this week? I assume Arizona will have gone down but not sure how the rest faired.
    Almost done. This one takes a lot longer to do and my life has been a bit hectic