10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    It's always the guy who strikes back that gets called for the penalty, usually never the instigator. Does this mean the Bills are lacking mental focus and discipline? Well, yeah... They shouldn't be striking back. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with their moral compass, they're just undisciplined enough to fight back when someone is being an absolute jerk.
    Punching a guy with a helmet on though, not a smart move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also didn't know about the rule. Does anyone see the purpose for it? This reminds me of that weird rule on blocked field goals where they teach the defense not to touch it if it didn't go past scrimmage. Maybe that's in college? All I remember is that it was convoluted and counter-intuitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    In contrast to Tannehill, Tom Brady pays practice squad members who can intercept him http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ntercepted-him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    In contrast to Tannehill, Tom Brady pays practice squad members who can intercept him http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ntercepted-him
    Brady's approach makes sense. More incentive to give it your all. Harder, more realistic practice. Better results on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd forgotten about the batting rule, but I'd actually seen it in use once allready. Was a game against Miami in 2013 where some Miami player batted forward a fumble that NE was about to recover, and was thus recovered further down the field by NE instead. That got a penalty for batting.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201310...338&tab=videos

Slightly different circumstances, but same principle in action.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The NFC is going to be a brutal slog. Whoever the AFC (Pats, Packers, or maybe, the Broncos) sends had better he healthy.
    You realize that the Packers are NFC right?

But after finding out it was during a walk through I dont get how you can really be upset at Tannehill. Its like someone blocking your shot during a layup line in basketball.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    lol lets see how many people correct him
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2015-10-07 at 10:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if there's a video of when Belichick quit the Jets? I've heard it described as him writing "I quit" on a piece of paper and then going on a 30 minute rant about the problems with that organization, but the only videos I've seen have the 9 second quitting.

Also when searching for it I was reminded of that time he chased down and grabbed one of the replacement refs after losing a game. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    lol lets see how many people correct him
    The same amount who argue with Tyrgannus' rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    yeah, that was covered about 48 hours ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats been known for a while if I remember right.

Speaking of Tannehill, he made an Animal House reference. People believed he was serious when he said the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a video of when Belichick quit the Jets? I've heard it described as him writing "I quit" on a piece of paper and then going on a 30 minute rant about the problems with that organization, but the only videos I've seen have the 9 second quitting.

Also when searching for it I was reminded of that time he chased down and grabbed one of the replacement refs after losing a game. Fun times.
    I think Belichick said he had been through a transition on a team and that he didn't like it, and that's why he didn't want to stay with the Jets (who didn't have an owner at that point). Can't blame the guy after the way he got screwed in Cleveland with the owner there saying 1 thing and doing another. He knew he probably wouldn;t get a third chance at a HC job, so he chose the one that guaranteed him stability (NE) over the one where the new owner might not like him and just can him again to bring in his own guy (Jets).

In hindsight, he would have never been able to work with the fairly clueless Jets owner, and he loves working with Kraft, so he definitely made the right decision (even discounting the succes he had in NE, let's assume he'd have been able to reproduce much of that in NY as well).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Speaking of Tannehill, he made an Animal House reference. People believed he was serious when he said the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
    He didn;t really say that, did he? I thought that was just some reporter making a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Record [Weighted]
    Point differential [Weighted, but less than record]
    Offense
    Defense
    Yard per point efficiency

Points are more important than yards. Defenses and special teams can score points. While I absolutely do look at yardage, I try to be fair to all 3 phases. That's why points are weighted higher
    Alright, sounds reasonable. And I imagine over the course of the season it becomes more and more clear who is where. In terms of who is garbage vs elite, etc.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2015-10-08 at 01:00 AM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't every team have a QB that can get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds so the O-line is almost a non factor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Doesn't every team have a QB that can get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds so the O-line is almost a non factor?
    Sometimes that happens.

Usually cool stuff happens, like getting positive yards.

https://streamable.com/k05g

- - - Updated - - -

Matt Hasselbeck getting the start most likely, and he has the flu.

I wonder if I can finally pick a thursday night game right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Matt Hasselbeck getting the start most likely, and he has the flu.

I wonder if I can finally pick a thursday night game right.
    Should be easy. Texans Offense is a disaster area and the D hasn't stopped anyone yet. Colts will still win. And then hang a "THursday night Football Winner" banner in the rafters and celebrate like they won the Superbowl for beating Houston.

I cannot wait for the off season to begin in Indy to see what kind of moves Grigson makes. Should be riveting. Willing to bet they don't extend Pagano and leave that hack Grigson in place and then draft a RB in round 1 and a kick returner in round 2 instead of finally adressing the line(s).

- - - Updated - - -

And yes I'm kind of butthurt. Of all the divisions the Colts could be in they're in the puffiest of cream puff divisions in football, being handed post season berths on a silver platter. It disgusts me that an incompetent outfit like Indy manages to make the post season so easily every year when the AFC North has to fight tooth and nail for just a wildcard.

- - - Updated - - -

Dion Lewis got his contract extended by the Patriots. GREAT news. Dude showed he fit the NE offense like a glove.

Dion Lewis on signing a new deal with the Patriots instead of testing free agency: "They gave me a chance and this is how I repaid them."
    Underrated aspect of Belichick, he'll give anyone a shot if he thinks you can help his team, and on top of that will give you security in contract form when he feels you deserve it. It's all about value, and if you show him you have it, he'll take care of you.

The flipside of that is players with big contracts that aren't quite playing up to their value of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Lolphins in action: Fire headcoach, then promote the assitants he brought with him in to positions of power. Yeah, that's going to help change the culture and the way things are done.

Both promoted coaches are new in their job with no previous experience even remotely at this level. Recipe for succes!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dolphins fire Coyle after players show dissent.

Coyle had a top defense last year, I don't think it's the coaches.

Looks like the prisoners are controling the facility now, with Suh leading this little riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Dolphins fire Coyle after players show dissent.

Coyle had a top defense last year, I don't think it's the coaches.

Looks like the prisoners are controling the facility now, with Suh leading this little riot.
    Dolphins are lol tier right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems its never enough to be bad in the AFC East, a team has to go full laughinstock, be it the Dolphins or Jets. Couldn't they just content themselves with every-day badness, why always must they reach for the stars?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems its never enough to be bad in the AFC East, a team has to go full laughinstock, be it the Dolphins or Jets. Couldn't they just content themselves with every-day badness, why always must they reach for the stars?
    If I was a Miami fan I'd be so ashamed that I'd want to go...Incognito...

Oof. Grunt.