Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I can't tell if it's just me noticing more, or if there's an actual uptick, but there's have seems to have been an increase in horrendously shitty calls already this season.
    The NFL is turning into WWE. The league/vegas has certain teams it needs to win and the refs help make that happen. The only way a small market/unpopular team can win is if they blow out their foe. Either that or play another small market team.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Never knee jerk to early season records. Rarely it equates to a super bowl victory. I think the Seahawks were the only team to start 4-0 and win the super bowl in recent years. Giants lost to a bad Seahawks team at home early and won the super bowl. Ravens lost to a really bad Eagles team early and won the super bowl. We all know about the Patriots last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Never knee jerk to early season records. Rarely it equates to a super bowl victory. I think the Seahawks were the only team to start 4-0 and win the super bowl in recent years. Giants lost to a bad Seahawks team at home early and won the super bowl. Ravens lost to a really bad Eagles team early and won the super bowl. We all know about the Patriots last year.
    I think it's fair to say that there's about six decent teams in the AFC (NE, NYJ, Bills, Steelers if they can recover with Vick at the helm, Bengals, and Broncos if their offense can do something) I'd put the east as the toughest division in the AFC at this point. This is apparent throughout watching the games.

I just don't think the Bills are good enough to make it to the playoffs. (NE, Bengals, and Jets before them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fair to say that there's about six decent teams in the AFC (NE, NYJ, Bills, Steelers if they can recover with Vick at the helm, Bengals, and Broncos if their offense can do something) I'd put the east as the toughest division in the AFC at this point. This is apparent throughout watching the games.

I just don't think the Bills are good enough to make it to the playoffs. (NE, Bengals, and Jets before them)
    I don't worry too much about the strength of other teams until late November. Thats when you know whos real in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Bills snagging a wildcard, but as Vetali pointed out it is way too early to tell. If the numbers at Week 13 look like they do now, they can probably land a Wildcard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I can see Bills snagging a wildcard, but as Vetali pointed out it is way too early to tell. If the numbers at Week 13 look like they do now, they can probably land a Wildcard.
    Only if the Jets take the #2 spot in the conference. (again, using current rosters) It's harmless speculation for downtime between games.

I don't worry too much about the strength of other teams until late November. Thats when you know whos real in the NFL.
    Suppose that's pretty fair, maybe even more so in a season being devastated by injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the Jets take the #2 spot in the conference. (again, using current rosters) It's harmless speculation for downtime between games.

Suppose that's pretty fair, maybe even more so in a season being devastated by injuries.
    That and the recent lack of draft talent for o line has really made things hard for good teams early in the season. Only going to get worse with less and less teams being undefeated into October. Especially if the preseason is cut down.

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing about that game though, the emergence of Cary Williams. Kept Calvin Johnson limited. Meanwhile Byron Maxwell is getting torched in Philly.

You can mimic, but you can't replicate. Very few have with past Seahawks defensive backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and the recent lack of draft talent for o line
    It's what keeps the hope of a running QB alive.
    Wonder why there's so little talent coming up through college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Economics. Education becomes more and more disproportionally expensive which in turn effects student participation, including student athletes. You are getting the remaining middle class people in universities now, not necessarily the athletic best.

10+ Year Old Account

The best thing about that game though, the emergence of Cary Williams.
    Certainly helps when he's opposite Sherman.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFC is going to be a brutal slog. Whoever the AFC (Pats, Packers, or maybe, the Broncos) sends had better he healthy.
    Packers are in the nfc lol
    You're a towel.

That should make it harder on him. Sherman only plays one side and Detroit shifted Calvin Johnson onto William's side to match up one on one. The fact that Sherman only plays one side generally means that the opposite corner gets the hardest receiver to defend every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Economics. Education becomes more and more disproportionally expensive which in turn effects student participation, including student athletes. You are getting the remaining middle class people in universities now, not necessarily the athletic best.
    Shouldn't that affect all positions equally, instead of offensive linemen lacking more than other positions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Packers are in the nfc lol
    Yeah, I might as well leave it up though.
    My mind grapes are stomped to juice at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really follow college anymore, but from conversations I read on twitter its mainly spread offenses with QBs that get the ball out quick so there isn't a huge need for protection. Lots of teams I see also do not have big, athletic, and smart players. You can be big and athletic, but the most important part about an offensive lineman is the brain. In high school you can beat a defender by being big, in college you can beat a defender by being athletic, in the NFL you need all of that and the skill.

Not to mention the quality of d lines is insane right now. Makes it very hard for offensive linemen to get a footing. I know Seattle wasn't letting Bennett or Avril participate in 1 on 1 drills with the new linemen this training camp so they wouldn't be discouraged.

That makes it much harder, really. You will be covering #1. Sherman will be on #2 or even 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    No chance Arizona makes the super bowl palmer is made out of economy hotel toilet paper
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    That should make it harder on him. Sherman only plays one side and Detroit shifted Calvin Johnson onto William's side to match up one on one. The fact that Sherman only plays one side generally means that the opposite corner gets the hardest receiver to defend every game.
    Hmmm.
    That makes entirely too much sense.

I should probably just sleep before I type more shit tonight. Take care all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't that affect all positions equally, instead of offensive linemen lacking more than other positions?
    I'm not so sure it hasn't, but a bad line is extremely noticeable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    No chance Arizona makes the super bowl palmer is made out of economy hotel toilet paper
    Cardinals look a lot like they did last season if I'm honest with myself. They went down in the wild card round last year. Jus' sayin'

I'm not so sure it hasn't, but a bad line is extremely noticeable
    I think it was Gruden (might have been the other announcer) who spent the entire first quarter talking about how great the staff had done converting tight ends and defensive linemen to the O line. Meanwhile, Wilson was getting rolled every other play with zero protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was Gruden (might have been the other announcer) who spent the entire first quarter talking about how great the staff had done converting tight ends and defensive linemen to the O line. Meanwhile, Wilson was getting rolled every other play with zero protection.
    I don't think Gruden was complementing the Seahawks. He also pointed out on one of Russell Wilson's sacks where the whole o line played terrible.

Which this o line has its moments. It seems like they can't defend a blitz at all though. Not having Lynch hurts with that, but putting Wilson in a no back set a lot like Bevell is doing is a bigger problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson is very evasive. 6 sacks might not suggest it, but given the fact he was dodging people left and right damn near every play it shows how evasive he can be. He's trained under swiss cheese. If Gruden doesn't think out line is swiss cheese, he's dumber than I thought, and I already didn't think he was smart