Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Arch Help

So my group has start work on this boss and we are trying the 1 doomfire strat. But we seem to be having a hard time with pushing the boss most of the pulls we are about 1-2% off what can we change to get it down with this strat

logs from the last time we did it https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z61gxYdqbJr8MGTP
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-02-06 at 01:26 PM. Reason: fixed link to logs

If you're having trouble with it 2 doomfires is still much easier than the 3 doomfires guilds used to do.

2 doomfires, bloodlust in phase 3 to trivialize a tough infernal wave and ring on the other ones.

Deleted
    use your legendary ring explosion on the tank add, so you propably dont have to switch on the add and can focus the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlayn View Post
    use your legendary ring explosion on the tank add, so you propably dont have to switch on the add and can focus the boss.
    We found it far more effective to have the ring explode on the boss and ignore the tank add anyway because the desecration spire makes the tank immune to shadow damage.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlayn View Post
    It's a waste of damage to switch to(or actively DPS, even through ring damage) anything until the boss is phased. The Doomfire and Deathcaller should die to passive/incidental cleave, otherwise they're taking away damage that could've gone into phasing the boss earlier.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-02-06 at 12:12 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

One thing I notice right away is your arcane mage is not bursting nearly as much as he should. He seems to be placing crystal halfway through ring and losing tons of damage. Also, the lock should try playing affliction for progression, destro just cannot compete with the burst of affliction (if you want more burst on the pull I'd suggest the Int BOA trinket for affliction).

Also I'd suggest having the tanks place the doomfire against a wall close to the boss so hunters and other classes can passively cleave it for more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's a waste of damage to switch to(or actively DPS, even through ring damage) anything until the boss is phased. The Doomfire and Deathcaller should die to passive/incidental cleave, otherwise they're taking away damage that could've gone into phasing the boss earlier.
    Yes, if you're going for a 1 doomfire strat all possible damage needs to go into the boss. Tanks just have to deal with the deathcaller until the orbs spawn. No one should be doing anything but incidental cleave, or multi-dotting if it increases their boss damage by doing so.

Your comp seems pretty well suited for burst and pushing 1 doomfire, but at least some of your players need to be doing better to make it. The mages are using their CDs inefficiently, especially Candor who is all over the place in the few pulls I looked at. They are both often using AP before PC, which means they are using it on lower arcane charges, and the last pull Candor didn't use PC until 10 seconds into the fight. They also don't seem to realize that there's a bug where you can lose 1/2 your ring damage as a mage if PC expires right when the ring is going off. They are sometimes using it right around when that could happen, so its a risk they don't need to take. I have a few ilvls on them, but my burst last week was close to 600k and we don't hero on the pull. They should be up there, as should the sub rogues more consistently - as Arcane I'm always fighting them at the top of the meters during burst.

You have at least a person or two - one of the mages for sure - switching to single-target the doomfire. All damage should be focused on the boss. If you can't kill that 1st doomfire within 10 seconds with just cleave and maybe execute classes during hero, ring, and all CDs popped then this isn't the strat for you.

Not related to your damage, but the way you're positioning basically none of your range are getting the orb debuff and you're taking a lot of extra desecrate damage. I don't know healing at all, but that could cause issues with healer mana later on in the fight.

edit: Oh lord - Candor is using Evanesce. That's a terrible idea. There's a lot of movement, particularly in the last phase of the fight, and his dps is going to be terrible if he doesn't have Ice Floes instead. Evanesce should only be taken for cheesing specific mechanics like soaking on Zakuun or chains on Xhul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If you're having trouble with it 2 doomfires is still much easier than the 3 doomfires guilds used to do.

2 doomfires, bloodlust in phase 3 to trivialize a tough infernal wave and ring on the other ones.
    Also this. 1 doomfire isn't necessarily the best strat, and it will mean more P3 wipes later on. Having hero for when you have stars/infernals/dance in quick succession is a big help.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-02-06 at 02:15 PM.

Echoing what Wilderness said about your Mages. Leaving phase 1 at average of 160-170k dps is incredibly low if you're going for one doomfire. Back when we were progressing in November, I would usually leave phase 1 at an average of 270-290k at 738 ilvl, looking at logs.

Deleted
    My guild has the ring explosion go on the boss.

If it splits to the add or a doomfire, we wipe the attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Echoing what Wilderness said about your Mages. Leaving phase 1 at average of 160-170k dps is incredibly low if you're going for one doomfire. Back when we were progressing in November, I would usually leave phase 1 at an average of 270-290k at 738 ilvl, looking at logs.

2 of our Mages were at around 316-318k in Phase 1. The 3rd was at around 260k.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-02-06 at 04:28 PM.

Why don't people go on doing the fight with 2? It's not like it's undoable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    Why don't people go on doing the fight with 2? It's not like it's undoable.
    It's not undoable, but using Lust on pull and getting a 2nd Doomfire is effectively an indication that the majority of the raid's DPS players should uninstall the game and go play Bejeweled instead at this point. Speaking from experience, it is entirely possible to beat the 2nd Doomfire comfortably (as in not even getting a Shadowfel Burst) with 2 buyers, i.e 18 contributing players, so getting a 2nd Doomfire with 20 contributing players is an abject fucking disaster.

I know some of you zerg and farm, but I don't understand that tactic on progress, or I guess on fewer than 20 players. From what I read, everything in the first phases is doable more or less without very big numbers. It's the last phase that can avoid a mess with bloodlust.
    Last edited by WarcraftMages; 2016-02-06 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    I know some of you zerg and farm, but I don't understand that tactic on progress, or I guess on fewer than 20 players. From what I read, everything in the first phases is doable more or less without very big numbers. It's the last phase that can avoid a mess with bloodlust.
    Only killed him once, I'm not really on "farm" yet.

Bloodlust is really nice in the last phase when you have stars, infernals, and dance.

Not to mention that our guild found that we have to hold DPS in P2 so as to not get adds during Wroughts, so pushing DPS in P1 doesn't gain us much.

Two doomfires isn't really a big deal. Don't know why so many are obsessed with the one doomfire strat.

We spent about 71 wipes (2 nights) 3 healing and counting on two doomfires. We made okay but slow progress, hit the final phase only a few times, never cleanly.

The following week we opted to 2 heal and go for one doomfire. By the second night we were consistently getting to the final phase cleanly and we killed it midway through the first night in the following week. The last phase was very underwhelming, as long as you have CDs/raiders be smart with peronals for inferals, there isn't much to heal. (2 day guild here, extendnded throughout progress on Manno/Arch)

I was actually against 2 healing and thought it was gimmicky/only something guilds did on farm, but it was the right call by our GM.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point the ring is more powerful than bloodlust anyway. Don't really need both for the stars/dance/infernals combo in the last phase.

Deleted
    By far the easiest place to wipe in the entire fight is when healing Wrought Chaos + Shackled Torment + Doomfire. Making sure you only consistently only have to deal with a single 10-stack Doomfire is simply smoother for farming purposes because only incompetence or lacking attention can possibly wipe you in P3 at current gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    By far the easiest place to wipe in the entire fight is when healing Wrought Chaos + Shackled Torment + Doomfire. Making sure you only consistently only have to deal with a single 10-stack Doomfire is simply smoother for farming purposes because only incompetence or lacking attention can possibly wipe you in P3 at current gear levels.
    Any guild progressing on it at this point in the game has a lot of both incompetence and lacking attention.

Much easier to carry people through phase 2 than 3, when letting them die isn't an option.

Your healers aren't prepotting. Well, disc and monk did some pulls, but pala didn't prepot a single pull. This is progression, they should all pot and dps on pull, especially when you have problems with dps check for 1 doomfire. Not saying this will be a magical fix to those last 1-2%, but everything helps.

Well, maybe I'm checking logs wrong, but it seems everybody is low on damage in phase 1.. our rogues do 400k dps and yours 200k for instance.

The 1 doomfire strat is the speed kill on farm, is there actually guilds that did this on their first kill now anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    We spent about 71 wipes (2 nights) 3 healing and counting on two doomfires. We made okay but slow progress, hit the final phase only a few times, never cleanly.

The following week we opted to 2 heal and go for one doomfire. By the second night we were consistently getting to the final phase cleanly and we killed it midway through the first night in the following week. The last phase was very underwhelming, as long as you have CDs/raiders be smart with peronals for inferals, there isn't much to heal. (2 day guild here, extendnded throughout progress on Manno/Arch)

I was actually against 2 healing and thought it was gimmicky/only something guilds did on farm, but it was the right call by our GM.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point the ring is more powerful than bloodlust anyway. Don't really need both for the stars/dance/infernals combo in the last phase.
    Your post is very interesting but it has the potential to be wrong on both points. The first is that you had 2 days of progress and on the 3rd you improved, that does not prove the higher DPS did it, since it's the default to be just the more experience that did it. The 2nd is that you claim that bloodlust is weaker than the ring, while that probably only looks at the logs graphs because most classes wait for the ring in order to use their CDs so it's not necessarily that BL is weak, it's that some classes do the most when the ring is up only, and healers and tanks benefit from BL too but not from the ring.