Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoD CM Weps in Legion, why not MoP sets?

So in Legion Blizzard are allowing anyone who completed gold CMs on 1 char to unlock all the CM items for all of their chars - "In #Legion you will be able to purchase a token that will unlock all Challenge Mode weapon appearances account-wide!"

So my question is, why not allow people who did gold CMs to unlock those sets for their alts also, I know I didn't get round to getting all 11 sets and would love to be able to pick them up now, what are your thoughts? can't imagine it would be a difficult task to implement it in legion and can't think of any negatives really.

I kinda wondered the same thing.

Would be nice if they did since I only got my armor on my Monk and Druid.

Guess we'll see.

Got the set on 3 characters but didn't have time for all,
    So would be really nice to see if they did this for the MoP CM's aswell

it's easy.

WoD one is being announced while its still available to obtain.
    The MoP ones are at this point never ever obtainable again as far as we know. Which would make it unfair for those who couldnt do them then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The biggest argument I can see is that the weapons aren't designed to be class specific. I just don't like the fact that they used weapons instead of unique armor sets again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    it's easy.

The MoP ones are at this point never ever obtainable again as far as we know. Which would make it unfair for those who couldnt do them then.
    Either that or they are planning to allow you to get the MoP sets and WoD weapons through the new challenge mode system in Legion.

To me, it sounds like a very Blizzard thing to do.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Is this a joke?

Class sets were CLASS RESTRICTED

Hence that it will be available for all classes in Legion to be able to use said class specific transmog set

Weapons are NOT restricted to CLASSES

Therefore anyone can use them, hence if completed, a token will be available for purchase to allow for account wide use

That token alone is BETTER than the exception they're making for the MoP class sets since not only can the class who completed WoD CM use them for transmog, but so will other classes who did not complete or participate in them

Basically in MoP you completed a challenge with x class, therefore you get a reward solely for that class

In Legion you completed a challenge with x class, and you are rewarded for something for all classes

Now you want the MoP reward unlocked for all classes? You didn't have the necessary skill or accomplishment to obtain the reward in the first place, so why should you get it now? No, YOU DON'T DESERVE IT. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    No, YOU DON'T DESERVE IT. PERIOD.
    Whoa. You okay, bud?

An argument could be made that T3 should be unattainable by players who weren't around when Naxx was relevant but look at the BMAH. Does that trigger you, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    it's easy.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Deleted
    Is this a joke?

Class sets were CLASS RESTRICTED

Hence that it will be available for all classes in Legion to be able to use said class specific transmog set

Therefore anyone can use them, hence if completed, a token will be available for purchase to allow for account wide use

That token alone is BETTER than the exception they're making for the MoP class sets since not only can the class who completed WoD CM use them for transmog, but so will other classes who did not complete or participate in them

Basically in MoP you completed a challenge with x class, therefore you get a reward solely for that class

In Legion you completed a challenge with x class, and you are rewarded for something for all classes

Now you want the MoP reward unlocked for all classes? You didn't have the necessary skill or accomplishment to obtain the reward in the first place, so why should you get it now? No, YOU DON'T DESERVE IT. PERIOD.
    Why bother posting, asking people opinions on it and you come and post an aggressive response, look at all the comments, then take a look at yours...

Class restriction argument is silly. If you could do it on one character, you could do it on any class. Knowing a rotation is a simple matter for someone who has done gold once. The only difference between doing it the first time and subsequent times is the time investment.

Deleted
    I had this discussion a few days ago with a few friends, it would be pretty cool if blizzard would include the MOP armor sets and WoD weapons to new players in legion through slightly tuned timewalking instances, or just quests or something with the new challenge modes.

It's kind of a shame that they would make something like these or T3, and then just make them completely unobtainable (besides BMAH for T3). I understand that the current method creates some "prestige" for having them and playing when they were obtainable, but that's what we have Feats of Strength for.

In the end I doubt Blizzard will include them and I'm OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    It's kind of a shame that they would make something like these or T3, and then just make them completely unobtainable (besides BMAH for T3). I understand that the current method creates some "prestige" for having them and playing when they were obtainable, but that's what we have Feats of Strength for.
    We might see sets on the BMAH in Legion. With the amount of gold players have (especially endgame raiders), it wouldn't surprise me since more gold sinks would hardly be a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind blizz making the sets obtainable again, but players would have to earn them. Blizzard could accomplish this by using the same tech that they use in timewalkers.

10+ Year Old Account

So my Mage can use the greatsword now?

Personally I think if you have completed the MoP challenge mode on gold on least one character you should be able to get them all. After all, why not? You have already proved you have completed the content. It's not as if a specific class was so hard back in MoP that you would not have been able to complete it on another character.

This doesn't affect me personally much either, I've completed it on the 5 characters I care about.
    Last edited by Zenny; 2016-01-28 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is mainly because if you completed WoD CMs on a class that can use lots of weapons, you would automatically unlock most of these weapons because you can equip them - e.g. a warrior can equip and therefore unlock ALL the weapons.

If you completed them instead on a class like Priest, you can only equip and unlock a very small number of them... like, 3, for a priest?

They're adding the token to get around this unfairness.

It's not an issue in MoP CMs because one class = one set. Everyone gets the same amount of stuff unlocked per character they completed them on.

Blizz made CM weapons "Acc-wide" cause people QQd that they got to roll a warrior to unlock all skins for their wardrobe , mop cm gear is class restricted . Thats why we cant have nice things.

Deleted
    Some people are making some very good points, I think the possibility of making it a gold sink could be a great idea, but then again a bad one since a lot of people have hundreds of thousands of gold or millions, while a lot of people are lucky if they have 100-200k, ofc though with time and effort put into Legion gold making anyone could make the gold for it, but that would be almost as much/more of a time sink than even doing the CMs in the first place, cause lets face it the MoP CMs were not much of a challenge, especially when ToT and SoO were released.

The T3 points were also interesting and I did not even think of that, Perhaps they could make a bag of sorts put it on the BMAH starting at 250k-500k which requires the MoP CM feat of strength or something which would unlock all of the CM sets for your account so you could just go to the vendor in pandaria on whichever alt you please and purchase them for that character? I don't know, it would be cool for them to allow us access too them.

The class restricted argument too interesting but invalid really as T3 was class restricted and they removed it for the BMAH, that wasn't necessary to do, they just did it to increase the interest on the different tiers you could never get access to before.

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Some people are making some very good points, I think the possibility of making it a gold sink could be a great idea, but then again a bad one since a lot of people have hundreds of thousands of gold or millions, while a lot of people are lucky if they have 100-200k, ofc though with time and effort put into Legion gold making anyone could make the gold for it, but that would be almost as much/more of a time sink than even doing the CMs in the first place, cause lets face it the MoP CMs were not much of a challenge, especially when ToT and SoO were released.

The T3 points were also interesting and I did not even think of that, Perhaps they could make a bag of sorts put it on the BMAH starting at 250k-500k which requires the MoP CM feat of strength or something which would unlock all of the CM sets for your account so you could just go to the vendor in pandaria on whichever alt you please and purchase them for that character? I don't know, it would be cool for them to allow us access too them.

The class restricted argument too interesting but invalid really as T3 was class restricted and they removed it for the BMAH, that wasn't necessary to do, they just did it to increase the interest on the different tiers you could never get access to before.
    Actually T3 never had class on them , they were quest rewards, but i undestand what you might mean ;p

Deleted
    I agree making them obtainable from BMAH 1 by 1 just like T3, instead of a "bag" that contains full set considering how worthless gold has become in this game. Being able to make +300k in a month by logging in for 2min a day is just dumb but such is this game.