Thread: Tyrant Feedback

Tyrant Feedback

Hey All,

I just wanted to get some feedback after our first night of Tyrant positioning. We only got into phase 3 with a sizable group once, Is it just impossible to heal edicts during that phase? We don't have a lock.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Nyp1VngcFx3H29wj

EDIT: NIGHT 2 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/j3hnkvGmx27XAVf9
    Last edited by Halbrium; 2016-02-02 at 03:11 PM.

most classes have mobility moves and blinks. Even ghost wolf is enough to not kill the raid.

Should really try to get at least one lock, 1 lock is suffice because the lock should be re-casting his gate on the constantly moving stacking point instead of dpsing, he should only need to reposition 2 times max, since boss usually dies after 3 edicts.

it is still best to sacrifice the player that got targeted by edict rather than risking losing a quarter of ur raid on the 1st edict on p3 which will likely happen even with the current 2/2 upgrade we have.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-01-28 at 08:42 PM.

A personal tip that my guild did on progress is 4 Heal this fight, it makes the fight a lot faster, even if you dont have problems with any mechanics. But no it is not impossible to heal edicts, but with your comp there is 0 reason for them to be inside the raid. Your mage if he gets the edict can use Alter time, then blink out and iceblock the entire edict.

Your hunters make them glyph disengage to it makes them come out futher away, and then just instantly disengage out of the raid, and solo soak it with Deterrence. The druid will sadly have to displacer beast? Out of the raid, and just suicide. There is 0 reason to ever heal the edicts as the last phase is just one giant kill the boss now, or she'll kill you.

As for the specs in the raid. Make the rogues go Sub, going combat is purely a waste, Tyrant is all about zerging a target down. THe cleave is worthless on this fight, since you either nuke the add or you dont. But also combats dmg during P2 where you lust nuke the boss is just about 0, and in the last phase, their cleave is negated by the 90% buff tyrant gets. There you just want to nuke the add ASAP, whilst executing the boss in the 5 sec window you have.

What if its a class like a priest with no real ability to zip out of the raid?

7+ Year Old Account
    You can use a warlock portal to drop edicts outside of the raid.

Additionally, P2 is about your overall dps. If you're in the phase for too long it becomes much more difficult to keep people alive. Individuals who aren't parsing well should be replaced.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1784&wipes=1

You can view a lot of useful information from the problems tab. For example, note the discrepancies on potion usage. Note the severe lack of health tonics being used.

Your P1 needs to be cleaned up substantially as well. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=180260

Subtract casts from hits to see the number of times people are getting hit by the mechanic when it isn't cast on them. That is a *lot* of hits for only 15 wipes.

We've had a few kills including our first one with no locks. While it makes it harder its certainly not impossible and if anything it forces you to plan your CD's extremely well.

Theres very few truly dangerous points in the fight if people execute correctly and thats the edicts. Remember that because the auras grow stronger and persist its extremely important that you phase as quickly as possible (moar deeps!) So with that in mind you should drop a healer. You need to have a DR for every one.

The first should be no problem. The second pop a minor CD (and you HAVE to be in p2 by then - theres no excuse not to be currently).

Third will be the make or break one because its normally early in p3 when peoples health is low. You want to make sure that the add doesn't spawn until you've recovered from the 3rd edict since the knockback damages with aura of oppression and you still have a super low health pool. This is the time for big CD's imo. A smokebomb, devo (rally if you got it!) and shieldtronics are extremely valuable. A shield here beats a healthpot.

One part of P3 that is normally understated but essential is that the raid has to move as a group and start moving when she shits on the floor. We always have someone count down from 5,4,3,2,1 move to remind people not to tunnel. We place 3 markers and move from one to the next, the 3rd being in the "corner" where we will spawn the edict and eat the gavel. Shortly after that we move / spawn the add. From here on make sure you keep your backs to a wall for gavels.

Realistically for your first kill you're going to have to hope you get lucky and have the 4th edict on a person that can sac themselves. Priest can talent phantasm which removes the slow effect tho I have to admit that would be extremely iffy as to how far out you can get in 5 seconds.

As an aside I'm a shadow priest and I normally vamp on the 3rd edict. It's a lot of overheal that pads the numbers but I think it contributes to taking the edge off.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for the post Deja...very helpful. Could a priest in that situation just drop one tick of the edict and then run out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Note the severe lack of health tonics being used.
    Shieldtronics are a good idea on this fight.

Beyond that, I'm going to give OP 2 links (and I know it's not a perfect solution because it's covering multiple wipes, but still):

1. Damage done to Tyrant in p2
    2. Damage done to Ancient Harbringer in p2

Notice someone like Saxbang is topping Tyrant damage but at the bottom of Harbringer damage? That's what should be happening. Instead you have someone like Wirewolf who is barely touching Tyrant but almost topping the damage on the Harbringer.

The sole purpose of that phase is to get Tyrant down to 40% as quickly as possible to help minimize the health pool issues going into p3. You aren't going to do that when players aren't damaging the proper target. Everyone should be single targeting the boss there, unless cleaving doesn't take anything away from their single target damage. The Harbringer can be cleaned up as soon as you enter p3.

Deleted
    yea lock portals is a must.. no other abilities gets you far enough away. even just 1 edict tick is too much

Deleted
    We didn't have warlock for first kill and used priests to grip edict targets away. Use you spriest for 4th edict(first in p3) so he can dispersion himself back, healer priest for 5th and either the other priest or the spriest again for 6th(in reality you should not get this with these gear levels anymore as boss should die right after or before 5th).

You might need to plan ahead for raid to "step away" to give yourself more chance of not getting clipped by first tick. As you have 5 healers, you could choose to not res possible dead healers due to gripping either. And seeing as you have 2 DK tanks you will prolly have to save CRs for them anyways..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    yea lock portals is a must.. no other abilities gets you far enough away. even just 1 edict tick is too much
    You can use priest grips just as well.

Looking at the logs the only healing CD you guys are using a lot is the Divine Hymn.
    Your strongest CDs on this fight are Damage reduction:
    Devotion aura
    Power word barrier
    Anti magic zone ( 1 tick)

Either way, you have 5 healers and you are using 1 of them to the fullest. Healing CDs have a 3 min cd. Edict a 1 min cd, figure out the math.
    Setting up a good rotation for healing CDs is the only preperation this fight requires. Freaking do it.
    Last edited by mmoce364217830; 2016-02-01 at 05:19 AM.

Added a second night...we were getting to the last phase consistently, this time, I think we will have it at our next raid. Any other feedback would be great.

Deleted
    Tanks are using the legendary ring weirdly, they are never using it on pull which is just stupid. Yet they seem to be using it with BL at 60% to dps? Makes no sense. We've always used it on pull, and then around 40% when pushing p3 so the transition is smoother with tank hp. Further more we always have 1 healer(paladin cuz he's a retard and can't click a portal) in the middle of the room spamhealing + a disc with clarity spamming(yours doesnt even have clarity which isnt really helping as your tanks get crushed in p3 due to being worst class for the fight)

So from what i see, use tank ring better, make your disc go CoW and spam tanks from 45%->

too tired to look logs more.. gl

Deleted
    Just had a look at your second night log and i have very bad news for you. Your disc priest doesnt have a single Archeangel cast on all wipes. I mean cmon how can someone so far into mythic raiding not know to keep AA on cooldown, let alone not having a single cast? Its disc most important spell, hes losing out on 25% extra healing and absorbs! Also using ToF wich doesnt even proc/work on absorbs, using cascade wich is bugged and casting PoM and not speccing CoW when your tanks clearly need it in p3 (especially now you went down to 4 heals). Tell him to get his shit together.

Edit: I just noticed its your holy priest going disc. But even then he could at least cast Archeangel on cooldown. Tell your other disc how to teach him how to play if hes going to replace him again (even tho he cant keep AA on cd either, at least he casts it)

With 5 healers you should have ample cooldowns to be able to heal through edict if someone gets it who cannot get out. With 4 you can still do it but it might be sketchy. Just make sure things like smoke bomb are being considered when dealing with cooldowns.

With you having a holy paladin and a resto druid I really question the people saying the priest should clarity. Those 2 should keep up the tanks without really doing anything out of the ordinary. Given the fact that by default there will be a beacon and 2 lifeblooms, and (hopefully) 2 rejuvs on the tanks at all times, they shouldn't run into much issue if they're using their cooldowns correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    With you having a holy paladin and a resto druid I really question the people saying the priest should clarity. Those 2 should keep up the tanks without really doing anything out of the ordinary. Given the fact that by default there will be a beacon and 2 lifeblooms, and (hopefully) 2 rejuvs on the tanks at all times, they shouldn't run into much issue if they're using their cooldowns correctly.
    People were suggesting clarity cause the tanks are getting raped in p3 by looking at logs. Ofc other healers could step up but might aswell have clarity to have an easy kill and have everyone else focus on raid with beacon on tanks while he spams the debuffs. Its also just generally saver on progression on this boss.