Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People keep saying this, but it seems they did learn. Rift had large queues, so they opened up TONS of servers to handle the initial load. 3 months later nearly every server was low population prime time with only a couple med and high. They did server mergers and everyone freaked out that the game was dying.

Server mergers are just NOT feasible with this game. With open world housing, megaservers, serger mergers, joining servers, whatever, would not be possible. Trion has made the mistake of adding too many servers before. So have many other games, but they at least had the option to merge later.
    I agree with you but that really threatens longevity. If after a few weeks I cannot get in at will I will not even bother, figuring I am to far behind the curve to catch up. I am sure I am not the only one.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People keep saying this, but it seems they did learn. Rift had large queues, so they opened up TONS of servers to handle the initial load. 3 months later nearly every server was low population prime time with only a couple med and high. They did server mergers and everyone freaked out that the game was dying.

Server mergers are just NOT feasible with this game. With open world housing, megaservers, serger mergers, joining servers, whatever, would not be possible. Trion has made the mistake of adding too many servers before. So have many other games, but they at least had the option to merge later.
    We're not talking about the server queues. We're talking about things like a system to kick people afk/autorunning in-game or on the character select screen.

I'm a F2P player and been sitting in que on Salphira for over 6 hrs now. I wouldnt mind deleting my 2 characters over there and starting on a server that maybe has less que time, but to do that i have to log in to Salphira and delete my characters.

I also wouldnt mind paying for Patron to get into the server quicker, but reading that some people who have Patron arent getting in any quicker makes me not want to do that yet. I also have read that if you do get Patron, you have to log into the server before it "activates" Patron. Anyone know if that is true?

Are any other servers any better even?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

F****ING dipshit of a damned hot summer day!!!! the LOWEST que time is 3600??????

I guess i will wait a month for all the speed levelers to get max level and drop the game cuz there is no one for them to do endgame with. 3600-3800 ahead of me means I need to wait until about 4am EST before I get to even the character screen.

Man it wasnt this bad on the Open beta I played last sunday lol.

got to level 12.. damn this game sucks. how can anyone like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurio View Post
    I will let you know when I can finally get in lol

I had to pay $15 a month then i got in instantly

The que times have actually gone up each day. Every NA server has a average que of about 3700. Great that people seem to be getting hooked and want to keep playing. I understand the risk of too many servers but its looking like this game is more popular than Trion expected.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Jurio View Post
    There is quite a strong community who loves Korean games, despite all their weirdness.

Well, going on 9 hours now that i been in que. Havent been able to play at all today, and i wont be able to play at all today. Bed soon for work.

Its a different type of game.

Its for those that enjoy pointless world PvP with consequences.

Its for those that enjoy pointless stuff like farms/housing, etc.

Its for those that simply enjoy some sort of nice world to roleplay and explore till they are finally done.

Its not a western raiding based gear chase game.

For me its the type of game that cant be a "main game".

Its that game that you will play before your raid in WoW that you have nothing else to do 2 months into the launch of the next expansion/patch cause you have done everything and simply wait for the raid days.

Its the game you will play until your friends come on to go play your choice of MOBA.

Its the "side game" type you will play randomly because it is not so bad but at the same time has nothing to really keep you interested.

Unless you enjoy boats and pvp with red flagging and stuff like the old Asian games, then sure, play it 24/7 ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just open 1 more server. That would probably reduce queues into the 100s instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They should just open 1 more server. That would probably reduce queues into the 100s instead.
    It would definitely help. They tweeted something about a solution to the AFK on character screen problem. Got buried in my feed though.

Edit: Found it. Also adding more servers.

"We are making room for active #ArcheAge adventurers by improving our AFK kick to detect idle players in the character selection screen." (Source)

"Adventurers: Our CEO @hartsman is happy to announce that we are adding more #ArcheAge servers. http://triongam.es/1BRPblD" (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive moved from 3300 to 2500 in 45 minute. I guess I wont be playing tonight either. I just dont have time to wait 3 or 4 hours before logging in.

After sitting in queue for 12 hours I finally got the play the damn game.... or so I though. Right after the queue finished it gave me a "the gods have disconnected you" message right before I even got to character selection.

Now I have to wait in queue again behind 3000+ people.

The fuck is this shit? This is complete bull shit on every level imaginable.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its a different type of game.

Its for those that enjoy pointless world PvP with consequences.

Its for those that enjoy pointless stuff like farms/housing, etc.

Its for those that simply enjoy some sort of nice world to roleplay and explore till they are finally done.

Its not a western raiding based gear chase game.

For me its the type of game that cant be a "main game".

Its that game that you will play before your raid in WoW that you have nothing else to do 2 months into the launch of the next expansion/patch cause you have done everything and simply wait for the raid days.

Its the game you will play until your friends come on to go play your choice of MOBA.

Its the "side game" type you will play randomly because it is not so bad but at the same time has nothing to really keep you interested.

Unless you enjoy boats and pvp with red flagging and stuff like the old Asian games, then sure, play it 24/7 ;p

Thanks for the summary. ALL of those things sound just terrible. Saw someone playing it on a stream, and thought that maybe it was just where they were that looked super boring.

Server queues are a transitory issue. Deploying hardware is not.

Opening way too many servers during an early rush at launch is likely not gonna end well for the publisher. They will need to be shutdown or merged after the current desperation is over.

Trion, you made this mistake before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Opening way too many servers during an early rush at launch is likely not gonna end well for the publisher. They will need to be shutdown or merged after the current desperation is over.

Is one more server really going to hurt?

- - - Updated - - -

At 1900 out of 3300 originally. Been 90 minutes.

Averaging 5-600 an hour a guess. I cant stay up 3 or 4 more hours. I hope its better tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I'm convinced that nobody on the game specific teams at Trion communicates with anyone outside their team, and that senior leadership doesn't bother to share information between teams.

Because I can't see how they can have any kind of communication and make these decisions.