Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Not sure what put you off in the first place so can't comment specifically.

In broad strokes, gear is more accessible, there's a new guild and hero system and housing options got more diverse.
    You can check the patch notes for details, they're fairly extensive.
    It was a question. I saw new negative comments. So.. would you recommend it? I started a ...the warlock thing class... that first attack is kinda awesome. Made me feel like Vegeta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It was a question. I saw new negative comments. So.. would you recommend it?
    New negativity is mainly directed at the failed launch attempt this weekend, where like 90% of the people couldn't get in and there was land rush(they did a rollback and relaunch btw).

Anyway, I would recommend it, if you like sandboxy games.
    You kinda have to find your own fun in this game, and it's much more enjoyable with other people, so find a nice guild that likes doing stuff you like to do.
    If you've just started out, I hope you picked the fresh start server.

New negativity is mainly directed at the failed launch attempt this weekend, where like 90% of the people couldn't get in and there was land rush(they did a rollback and relaunch btw).

Anyway, I would recommend it, if you like sandboxy games.
    You kinda have to find your own fun in this game, and it's much more enjoyable with other people, so find a nice guild that likes doing stuff you like to do.
    If you've just started out, I hope you picked the fresh start server.
    I'm not sure which is which xD

I'm on EU, there were a few EVO 1, 2, 3 and one "New", but the "New" server was High pop and I'm like antisocial, so I chose EVO 1 :P I don't mind doing it over though.

Did you also see that that specific tree was one of..3 if my recollection is correct? Or am I missing the point, again? There were definitely themes and I do see how they are similar. It's just not a wow ripoff. Wow ripped everything else in fantasy off. There's only so little you can do with blades and poison coating. Yes, they could have let their fantasy explode. That would beckon the question who would play Rainbow Explosion Rift though.

Rift was good, back then. Let's not pretend WoW made all these unique builds.
    Ragnarok Online:
    http://skillsim.gn0.me/?q=rogue
    I played RO for a long time actually, I loved that game; WoW rogues are nothing like those ones. I pointed out the fact that I only looked at 1 talent tree (the one I played with), I don't really feel like exploring every talent tree to see if they're all that similar. Like I said in my post, if you know of one that's extremely unique you can tell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I played RO for a long time actually, I loved that game; WoW rogues are nothing like those ones. I pointed out the fact that I only looked at 1 talent tree (the one I played with), I don't really feel like exploring every talent tree to see if they're all that similar. Like I said in my post, if you know of one that's extremely unique you can tell me.
    My point is, there's not a single skill in the world of MMO gaming, that is unique. Combine that with archetypes and you'll end up in a somewhat similar area. The refreshing thing about Rift was not that every skill was unique, but the combinations of several talent trees allowed for multiple unique builds.

My point is, there's not a single skill in the world of MMO gaming, that is unique. Combine that with archetypes and you'll end up in a somewhat similar area. The refreshing thing about Rift was not that every skill was unique, but the combinations of several talent trees allowed for multiple unique builds.
    My point is none of the other MMO's I've tried copied WoW that hard. That combined with not liking the overall art design and their marketing attitude turned me off from the game.

My point is none of the other MMO's I've tried copied WoW that hard. That combined with not liking the overall art design and their marketing attitude turned me off from the game.
    OK! Dude.

Marketing attitude..You mean the whole in Azeroth thing? Really, that got you all upset? Tears on your cheeks? Heartache? Jealousy? OH THOSE SCOUNDRELS *shakes fist*.

Well, let's not argue anymore. I see no reason to agree with anything you say so we can dance the dance and never stop.

OK! Dude.

Marketing attitude..You mean the whole in Azeroth thing? Really, that got you all upset? Tears on your cheeks? Heartache? Jealousy? OH THOSE SCOUNDRELS *shakes fist*.

Well, let's not argue anymore. I see no reason to agree with anything you say so we can dance the dance and never stop.
    You seem really defensive. Me criticizing the Azeroth thing is just as legit as criticizing the stupid hardcore Wildstar thing. It seems you're just really emotionally invested in Rift. It was more irony that they said something like that and then went on to clone WoW.

Deleted
    I'm on EU, there were a few EVO 1, 2, 3 and one "New", but the "New" server was High pop and I'm like antisocial, so I chose EVO 1 :P I don't mind doing it over though.
    Rangora is the fresh start server(the one labeled New). EVO ones are the new merged servers, made up of two old ones.

There's pros and cons to playing on either of those, and some are pros or cons depending on your preferred playstyle.

Old servers have old players (btw you picked the right old server if you don't want to see too many people ) and an inflated economy so it might be a bit daunting for a new player to catch up and the leveling will be a more solitary experience. But it's sort of "settled", the market's not volatile so you know what to expect, people do events regularly, there's more of a routine to it.

On Rangora everyone started yesterday and it has a separate economy so it should be easier to progress, to get land, and to see the how the game will evolve over the next month or so as people get more and more stuff, because "things to do" in this game shift with the general availability of stuff you can have. But you will run into people more often, and there will be more open world PvP.

You seem really defensive. Me criticizing the Azeroth thing is just as legit as criticizing the stupid hardcore Wildstar thing. It seems you're just really emotionally invested in Rift. It was more irony that they said something like that and then went on to clone WoW.
    No, I'm actually doing the Cpt. Picard facepalm when I see people being so emotionally invested in ANY GAME, in this case WoW. So what they pretended to directly compete with WoW...What does it matter for the quality, or lack thereof, of the game? Nothing! Yet you let yourself be guided by an, according to you, insulting commercial, rather than the game itself.

I just can't imagine how this goes.
    OMG THIS IS SO WOW RIPOFF *THROWS THE SCREEN OUT THE WINDOW*.

A game can be fun with or without components of another game and the question is not whether that's true for Rift, the question is, did you give it a try. As far as I read you, it says you didn't give it a try, because butthurt.

Rangora is the fresh start server(the one labeled New). EVO ones are the new merged servers, made up of two old ones.

There's pros and cons to playing on either of those, and some are pros or cons depending on your preferred playstyle.

Old servers have old players (btw you picked the right old server if you don't want to see too many people ) and an inflated economy so it might be a bit daunting for a new player to catch up and the leveling will be a more solitary experience. But it's sort of "settled", the market's not volatile so you know what to expect, people do events regularly, there's more of a routine to it.

On Rangora everyone started yesterday and it has a separate economy so it should be easier to progress, to get land, and to see the how the game will evolve over the next month or so as people get more and more stuff, because "things to do" in this game shift with the general availability of stuff you can have. But you will run into people more often, and there will be more open world PvP.

Alright, sounds like I need to make a choice there. I've read about the open world pvp, with all the ganking parties in the previous iteration and I would say that that's the last thing I'm interested in. Kids that can't beat you ganging up. It's almost like real life.

I do see new faces pop up on EVO 1, as in, the starting area isn't, like, empty, but it's definitely not the most crowded one.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2015-09-14 at 11:23 AM.

No, I'm actually doing the Cp.t Picard facepalm when I see people being so emotionally invested in ANY GAME, in this case WoW. So what they pretended to directly compete with WoW...What does it matter for the quality, or lack thereof, of the game? Nothing! Yet you let yourself be guided by an, according to you, insulting commercial, rather than the game itself.

I just can't imagine how this goes.
    OMG THIS IS SO WOW RIPOFF *THROWS THE SCREEN OUT THE WINDOW*.

A game can be fun with or without components of another game and the question is not whether that's true for Rift, the question is, did you give it a try. As far as I read you, it says you didn't give it a try, because butthurt.
    I told you what issues I have with the game, did you forget all the stuff that wasn't me thinking their slogan was stupid? I'm not emotionally invested in WoW, I wanted something different. I didn't get that, I just got a worse version of what I already knew. You're getting upset because you think I'm some WoW fanboy attacking your game when I'm not. I said already I'm not praising Blizzard, but because I said something that isn't negative about them and positive about Rift you ignore that and assume Blizzard fanboy.

Also not sure what you're talking about, I said I played the game..

I told you what issues I have with the game, did you forget all the stuff that wasn't me thinking their slogan was stupid? I'm not emotionally invested in WoW, I wanted something different. I didn't get that, I just got a worse version of what I already knew. You're getting upset because you think I'm some WoW fanboy attacking your game when I'm not. I said already I'm not praising Blizzard, but because I said something that isn't negative about them and positive about Rift you ignore that and assume Blizzard fanboy.
    I'm the most objective person you will ever meet in your life, period. Objective within the frame of what my brain can process, obviously, since yeah there are more intelligent people out there. Thankfully, I have no reason to be defensive about Rift. TRION did a good job on the launch, pre-launch and several months after launch, in the end they decided to change some key aspects of the game that made it an attractive place for me and turned it into a boring grindfest once more, which resulting in me prematurely canceling an annual subscription. I had better hopes for the game. The F2P move came later and I did take advantage of some, extremely devalued, ex-subscriber perks, but in the end, the game simply isn't good enough. Aesthetically as well. It's rough around the edges, which has its charm, for some.

No, Rift is not my go-to game and hasn't been that for several years now. I just think people shouldn't use marketing strategies or similarities between games to as arguments for their liking or disliking a game.

No, Rift is not my go-to game and hasn't been that for several years now. I just think people shouldn't use marketing strategies or similarities between games to as arguments for their liking or disliking a game.
    Well unfortunately for Rift I don't want a worse (subjective, like I've been saying this whole time) copy of the game I've been playing forever. With MMO's now I want something new, that's why I'm trying other MMOs in the first place. That's also why I liked ArcheAge until the labor points ruined it.

Well unfortunately for Rift I don't want a worse (subjective, like I've been saying this whole time) copy of the game I've been playing forever. With MMO's now I want something new, that's why I'm trying other MMOs in the first place. That's also why I liked ArcheAge until the labor points ruined it.
    Aye, at least that's reasonable Without all the tertiary elements. Yeah, I might enjoy this fresh start in Archeage, we'll see :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Everybody gets a temporary one for 30 days. Log in and open a box every day for a week and you get a permanent one.
    When do you get it? I don't get it upon login or opening the first chest, at least.

I think it's limited to veterans. The website is a little vague, but contextually, at most, I'm eligible to a few small bonusses, due to having purchased products before.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2015-09-14 at 01:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So against my better judgment I started a character on the new server. It crashed before I even finished customizing my first character, but then it came back up. I watched like 3 kung fu movies on netflix yesterday, so I blame them for me wanting that sort of environment. Since Blade and Soul isn't out yet, I decided this game's aesthetic was the next best thing.

Had archery on the brain after watching House of Flying Daggers (oh god what a sad movie), so archer it is. I seem to remember my computer running the game a bit better than it was last night, needed to turn down a lot of stuff which is unusual for me. Anywho...the aesthetic is still one of my favorite things about the game. I'm one of those weirdos who really only plays AA for the typical MMO stuff and not all the other junk, b/c labor pts is a no go for me.

There were a lot of people online prime time last night. It felt like a new game launch. It was kinda cool, since initial AA launch was so bad.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When do you get it? I don't get it upon login or opening the first chest, at least.

I think it's limited to veterans. The website is a little vague, but contextually, at most, I'm eligible to a few small bonusses, due to having purchased products before.
    Either it came in the mail with the chest or came out of the chest, sorry man I can't remember. They were saying something about the mail taking as long as 48 hours to get to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I watched like 3 kung fu movies on netflix yesterday, so I blame them for me wanting that sort of environment.
    I love the east side zones, they look so amazing.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Have they fixed the bug that required to run their client as an administrator?

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be worth your while checking your account page and see if this bad boy is waiting for you, never say no to free goodies

I've been playing around with classes a bit, but it seems most of the game revolves around PvP and that's just not a thing I really enjoy, so I think I'm going to leave it at that.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It might be worth your while checking your account page and see if this bad boy is waiting for you, never say no to free goodies
    My god the quack noise the paddleboat makes is hilarious.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-