10+ Year Old Account
    ArcheAge is still going strong and adding the big Updates regularly, soon it'll be on a par with the Korean updates

If you always fancied yourself to be a Captain Nemo or wanted to be Sean Connery in Hunt for Red October, now is your chance, Submarines come to ArcheAge

ArcheAge Version 1.7 Build 6.6: Patch Notes

The Patch Notes for the Devouring Depths 1.7c Update are here! Learn more about Submarines, our new Glider Upgrade system, and more in the recordings below!

SUBMARINES

* Submarines finally come to ArcheAge!
    * Submarines act as a hybrid of mounts and customizable ships for water travel. Two players can ride a submarine, and both riders can be wearing trade packs.
    * All 3 submarine designs can be purchased on Mirage Isle for 250 Gilda Stars.
    * A limited time event submarine, the Copper Steamfish Submarine, will be available through the SOS Lifeguard event coming July 21 through August 4th. This submarine cannot equip customizations.
    * For a full writeup detailing Submarines, see the article

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...ht-submarines/

GLIDER UPGRADE SYSTEM

* Glider stats can now be enhanced through the Glider Upgrade System at a Carpentry Workbench!
    * The first level of enhancement upgrades all flight stats to High.
    * A second level of enhancement can be attempted to increase a single stat to Very High.
    * NA/EU have added the ability to craft the wingmaker scroll to revert a sub-optimal second tier glider enhancement.
    * For a full description of the Glider Upgrade System, see the article here.

NEW DAILY MERIT QUEST

* Added a new daily Merit Quest that allows you to spend 1000 Labor to receive 1 Merit Badge and 1 empty bottle. The empty bottle can be used to convert 1 12-hour cooldown Worker's Compensation (1000 Labor) potion into 1 bound no-cooldown Worker's Compensation (1000 Labor) potion.

GENERAL

* Permanently added the Divine Blessings benefit to Patrons: Patrons can now obtain three additional Loyalty Tokens per day. To claim these tokens, adventurers will have to click a new UI button in the corner of their screen. You may click this button once per hour to claim one token.
    * Leviathan and other raid monsters can now remove certain blocking items in close range - such as trade packs dropped to block pathing.
    * Arcane Relic Trade Pack now has an appropriate Labor cost when sold.
    * Corrected the speed on Green Elks to 9.0m/s to match other starting mounts.
    * Fixed Honor Point Boost potions not applying the bonus in Arenas.
    * Fixed the Crimson Lightning Essence Fragments not combining properly into a Crimson Lightning Essence.
    * Auramancy: The Unassailable skill was not triggering as often as intended and has been increased.
    * Fixed Fish Finder not showing fish schools on some sea maps.
    * Added the Mining Drill item to Vocation Badge vendors. This item can be placed to generate stone, ore, and gems for mining.
    * Merit Quests: Party Challenge: Fixed the Grimghast Rift Rank 1 quest not completing properly.
    * Serpentis: Carmila's Dark Deadly Poison effect should now be more visible.
    * Anthalon: Corrected the name display of the Necromantic Flame skill.
    * All car speeds are set to 30 m/s.
    * Rowboat tooltip now states that "Using Shatagon's Sand has a 5-minute cooldown."

PVP

* Jola's Eternal Grudge may no longer be used in Arenas.

LOCALIZATION

* Our German localization has undergone significant revisions.
    * Pet Potholders have been renamed to Pawtholders.

DISPLAY

* Corrected a darkened neck texture on Firran female models when wearing certain costumes.
    * Also corrected an error on the Firran female skin tone selection in character creation.
    * Fixed a Marketplace Preview display issue in DX11 where the background did not render properly.
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...40#post1839840

Deleted
    Would really like to get back into this game... but its very overwhelming. :<

I'll get back into this game the day they remove the labor point or w/e system that prevents you from having too much fun, because it's necessary that they limit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I'll get back into this game the day they remove the labor point or w/e system that prevents you from having too much fun, because it's necessary that they limit that.
    Pretty much the entire reason I never made it any length of time out of the tutorial. I was like..oh wait, I can't just gather whatever I want or play the game at all other than killing things? Nope.

Shame, b/c I think the game is beautiful and like their other systems.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Pretty much the entire reason I never made it any length of time out of the tutorial. I was like..oh wait, I can't just gather whatever I want or play the game at all other than killing things? Nope.

Yea, feeling that you need to afk to gather labour seemed a bit strange design. I don't understand the limit, a bit like they are doing in skyforge with classes. I played around in beta and it was fun setting up secret farms, being scared to log out because someone could steal your stuff... and sometimes they did, so you had to run around look for hidden places that would make a nice farming spot. I could have played around with that alot, but the LP system has prevented me to go back

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Yeah I loved the idea of being a thief stealing peoples' shit and then selling it and being a pirate on the open sea or whatever. Being able to choose your own path like that is so cool, and something I haven't ever experienced in an MMO. Then they go and ruin it by not letting you do what you want. Honestly the biggest disappointment I've had in an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

It's to combat botters. Which never worked ever. It's quite dumb
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I loved the idea of being a thief stealing peoples' shit and then selling it and being a pirate on the open sea or whatever. Being able to choose your own path like that is so cool, and something I haven't ever experienced in an MMO. Then they go and ruin it by not letting you do what you want. Honestly the biggest disappointment I've had in an MMO.
    Oh yeah....and even if you just wanted to play a pretty traditional MMO they had a nice quest system and decent combat and it felt good/polished. But you really could just do nothing. It was so bad. I have really high hopes that one day this game has the jesus patch where labor pts are removed and I can go pick flowers all day as I should be free to do.

I won't even bash any of the other game, b/c it's lovely. It was really awesome. That and FFXIV just took me to good places, but FFXIV let me do whatever I want without arbitrary restrictions while this game told me no at every turn. No you can't mine that. No you can't build that. But here's some more things to grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's to combat botters. Which never worked ever. It's quite dumb
    Did they every publicly state that, or is that what we can assume b/c otherwise it seems like really bad design. I always just assumed it was a milking tactic to make people buy potions or labor pts or w/e in their shop.
    BAD WOLF

Potions of labor didn't exist at launch in the Korea version. It was just a straight up tactic against botters.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing peoples stuff was great when the game first came out and in beta. I wracked up a 745 minute jail time just from stealing things.

Saddly though, most people that play now are all patrons and plant their stuff in safe places. There aren't as many free players, so there's not that much to steal. When I tried to replay, not being able to find any people planting things in bad places to crush kinda killed it for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Yea, feeling that you need to afk to gather labour seemed a bit strange design.
    Labor regeneration is the same online and offline for several months now, there's no need to AFK for labor anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Labor regeneration is the same online and offline for several months now, there's no need to AFK for labor anymore...
    Even for F2P players? When did they allow F2P players to regen while offline >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Stealing peoples stuff was great when the game first came out and in beta. I wracked up a 745 minute jail time just from stealing things.

Saddly though, most people that play now are all patrons and plant their stuff in safe places. There aren't as many free players, so there's not that much to steal. When I tried to replay, not being able to find any people planting things in bad places to crush kinda killed it for me.
    That's a shame, it was really the fun part of the game. I was brave in beta and planted in the wild :P And sure, I tried to steal from secret farms I found but had too low skill sometimes =) But people stole from me as well =) So fun =)
    Shame it's not anymore, I understand you don't play then =(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Even for F2P players? When did they allow F2P players to regen while offline >.>
    We must have missed something, I didn't know about that either

Deleted
    They didn't.
    Nobody sane plays this game as f2p though.

They didn't.
    Nobody sane plays this game as f2p though.
    Ah, righto then. Guess when I give it another go after the server "evolution" (merge) I'll be insane : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    That's a shame, it was really the fun part of the game. I was brave in beta and planted in the wild :P And sure, I tried to steal from secret farms I found but had too low skill sometimes =) But people stole from me as well =) So fun =)
    Shame it's not anymore, I understand you don't play then =(

- - - Updated - - -

We must have missed something, I didn't know about that either

Yeah I don't play anymore. I tried it again when I guess that library thing came out, but I really couldn't get into it. All I ended up doing was logging in and out at my farm and then going to the marketplace and sell my stuff. I tried to go around committing crimes but there weren't really any crimes to commit outside of attacking people in PVP which I didn't really feel like doing. I really enjoyed uprooting and taking peoples plants but when 90% of the people playing are patron, that whole aspect of the game is removed.

Deleted
    Ah, righto then. Guess when I give it another go after the server "evolution" (merge) I'll be insane : )
    It is a bit silly to play it as a pure f2p, especially since once you get patron you can get at least 3 apexes a month(you need 2 for a months subscription) just from loyalty points which you get by logging in.

If you really don't want to pay the $15 for the first months subscription you can always grind out the 2 apexes. Granted that could take a while on the current servers if you start from scratch, but when they release the new server with the separate AH it probably won't take more than a day or two in a fresh economy.

It is a bit silly to play it as a pure f2p, especially since once you get patron you can get at least 3 apexes a month(you need 2 for a months subscription) just from loyalty points which you get by logging in.

If you really don't want to pay the $15 for the first months subscription you can always grind out the 2 apexes. Granted that could take a while on the current servers if you start from scratch, but when they release the new server with the separate AH it probably won't take more than a day or two in a fresh economy.
    I'd play super insanely casually, as I have a host of MMO's that I'm either already playing, want to get back into playing, or want to play when they come out/transition, plus a massive library of non-MMO games to play.

Doubt I'd ever be able to grind enough for any apexes, much less hit max level (or close to it) in a reasonable amount of time.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking around with boats has been the most fun so far.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    I'd play super insanely casually, as I have a host of MMO's that I'm either already playing, want to get back into playing, or want to play when they come out/transition, plus a massive library of non-MMO games to play.

Doubt I'd ever be able to grind enough for any apexes, much less hit max level (or close to it) in a reasonable amount of time.
    Hey, if you're having fun, who am I to judge

It's just that the game is in my opinion magnitudes more enjoyable with a subscription, and it's ridiculously easy to maintain a subscription without paying any money.