Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    Maybe if you're six.
    Or if you play video games to have fun and aren't trying to go 'eww cringe' to half the things you see

I mean she is a very popular character so you are obviously in the minority here lmao

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    She is light-hearted really funny and often makes the content she is associated with better and more fun. Big score!
    Nah. Sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    She also makes all content she's involved with be unserious, and you can be sure there will be no actual repercussions and things will be just fine in the end.
    Except things will not be fine... We literally lost, Iridikron got what he was after and got away.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Chromie undercuts every scene she is in. The scenes with Nozdormu were supposed to be darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    I recently leveled an alt through a Timewalking campaign and then the Dragon Isles, and I was reminded of how unbearably annoying this snotty little toddler dragon is. I'm not sure who directed the voice actor they got for this role, but they should be fired. I found myself skipping cutscenes in Thaldraszus because I couldn't bear to hear it any longer. Your characters shouldn't be encouraging players to play the game with the sound off!

We've had some truly terrible voiceovers in the past (Sindragosa in ICC, Ultraxion in Dragon Soul... maybe Blizzard just doesn't know how to voice dragons?) but those were at least one-patch affairs. This horrible little shit is shoehorned in everywhere, and at this point somehow serves as a franchise mascot despite sounding like the redheaded one from Rugrats.

I'm incredibly optimistic about the World Soul saga and the future of WoW in general, and I'm hoping the great new direction the game is heading in can leave this one character punted to the back burner where it belongs.
    I disagree with you, because I think the little stuff you saw is barely an inconvenience.

If you would said " her voice exhausted me after 50 run of Dawn of the Infinite " YES I would have agreed.
    But its not a character issue, it's farming boredom.

I would be fine with Eternus replacing her

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except things will not be fine... We literally lost, Iridikron got what he was after and got away.
    We prevented Murozond's rise, which was the main focus of the patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    We prevented Murozond's rise, which was the main focus of the patch.
    That was a diversion, but keep believing it was the "main focus"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Or if you play video games to have fun and aren't trying to go 'eww cringe' to half the things you see

I mean she is a very popular character so you are obviously in the minority here lmao
    Of course I play video games to have fun, but cringing at a bad VO is not fun.

I hope we see her again and she doesn't disappear like Shaw and Flynn did after just one expac. Representation matters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I hope we see her again and she doesn't disappear like Shaw and Flynn did after just one expac. Representation matters.
    "Representation" is only valuable if the character doing the representing is actually compelling, and not an infantile earsore from a My Little Pony cartoon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here to confirm her voice and persona are annoying as hell and she ruined every scene she was in.

No, I do not want to see her ever again.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-16 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Chromie is voiced by Karen Strauss. She often voices children and young girls in Anime, video games and cartoons.

Chronomormu, who is Male having a female Gnome (Chromie) as their visage form demanded a clear contrast in voicework so...yeah. Chronomormu's visage form choice is a mystery among the Bronze Dragonflight because of how "unserious" such a form looks and feels.

That's also what makes Chromie so interesting as a character.
    Did you really just come into this thread and try to claim Chromie is interesting because she's a character developed by a corporation that seems trans without actually committing to the bit?

I don't mind Chromie, but that is a really low-bar, infantile reason to like a character.

She is far preferable to Garrosh's/Sylvanas' whiny bitching or more pandering to Anduin.

I recently leveled an alt through a Timewalking campaign and then the Dragon Isles, and I was reminded of how unbearably annoying this snotty little toddler dragon is. I'm not sure who directed the voice actor they got for this role, but they should be fired. I found myself skipping cutscenes in Thaldraszus because I couldn't bear to hear it any longer. Your characters shouldn't be encouraging players to play the game with the sound off!

We've had some truly terrible voiceovers in the past (Sindragosa in ICC, Ultraxion in Dragon Soul... maybe Blizzard just doesn't know how to voice dragons?) but those were at least one-patch affairs. This horrible little shit is shoehorned in everywhere, and at this point somehow serves as a franchise mascot despite sounding like the redheaded one from Rugrats.

I'm incredibly optimistic about the World Soul saga and the future of WoW in general, and I'm hoping the great new direction the game is heading in can leave this one character punted to the back burner where it belongs.
    I somewhat like Chromie, though her voice can start grating especially in the DotI dungeon.
    Feels like they flattened the character for Dragonflight as well, made it a trans thing and whatnot.
    Sadly that does affect the older stuff retroactively.

Chromie is simply a better character if not put front and centre, a bit of an oddity in the shadows.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think Chromie is a fine character, insofar as that goes - but I do think her VO is grating and annoying, especially repeatedly like the most recent mega-dungeon in Dragonflight. I generally play without sound on, though; so beyond the first time, it didn't bother me overly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

MMO_Champion: Where you losers will complain about anything. Go touch some grass.

She's fine in small doses, but having her voice act basically the entire megadungeon was an earsore.

I got sick of Khadgar too when he was repeating the same WQ puns to me for the 50th time.

"Smoked 'em! Will I be FIRED for this? Well, one needs to keep up our spirits somehow!"

Legion was SIX years ago. Still remembered that immediately.

Go do Gnomebliteration in Uldum again, maybe that'll make you feel better.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2024-04-16 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Just going to leave this here to remind you how "awesome" of a character Chromie is:

Reminder: this is a Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke411 View Post
    She is far preferable to Garrosh's/Sylvanas' whiny bitching or more pandering to Anduin.
    Yea, right... no one is better than Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    She's fine in small doses, but having her voice act basically the entire megadungeon was an earsore.

I got sick of Khadgar too when he was repeating the same WQ puns to me for the 50th time.

"Smoked 'em! Will I be FIRED for this? Well, one needs to keep up our spirits somehow!"

Legion was SIX years ago. Still remembered that immediately.

Go do Gnomebliteration in Uldum again, maybe that'll make you feel better.
    Bringing up Khadgar is a great point. I feel like WoD was where they started to lean a little too much in the “here’s a mascot who gives you faux-witty Marvel-style banter” direction. And that leads straight to where we landed with Chromie.

agree 1000000000000%

1 of the WORST voices ever lol

Tho, Dragonflight as whole expansion is famous for some of the WORST lines ever.

Whole game sounded like a bunch of disney explorers heading for the new adventure.

with childish lines, big bad dragons being allergic to bunnies (Ohn'Ahran questline) etc, etc, etc....

DF world design is same lvl bad as Shadowlands is for me

- - - Updated - - -

Bringing up Khadgar is a great point. I feel like WoD was where they started to lean a little too much in the “here’s a mascot who gives you faux-witty Marvel-style banter” direction. And that leads straight to where we landed with Chromie.

this as well.

Just the fact that we can have NPC heads talking to us while were 3794239 yds away is beyond stupid.