Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No. They do it because the shit writing demands a humanized dragon...because let's hug our problems out.
    No, they do it because it is practical. Wrathion does say that visage forms are useful for "fitting through doors" in the Dracthyr opening quest after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Pete View Post
    I sent you a dm here, I hope you consider the offer.
    Like I said in my reply to your weird ass DM (which felt like projections), don't have bigoted opinions such as below and I won't call out bigoted opinions. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Pete View Post
    One can only dream, also she is supposed to be their token "gender fluid" character, ew.
    Last edited by Ereb; Yesterday at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, they do it because it is practical. Wrathion does say that visage forms are useful for "fitting through doors" in the Dracthyr opening quest after all.
    Oh, you mean the shitty writing?
    Well, we agree on something.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was more so talking about you.
    I guess we do agree on something being shitty then.

No. They do it because the shit writing demands a humanized dragon...because let's hug our problems out.
    At this point I'm sure they do it because it makes you seethe on forums, lol.

Doors not being dragon-sized is shitty writing on blizzard's part? My man you have lost the plot lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What evidence?
    "Powerful beings can probably do it" - isn't really convincing.
    Provide a suitable counterargument as to why it's not convincing. I'm convinced, no one else has raised an issue - so that seems like an arbitrary you problem.

Got anything written about their size?
    Though, i'm inclined to agree that as Elementals made of fire or water, they can probably decrease and increase the amount of material within them. But, on the other hand, that would also mean they could be as big as a planet or as small as an ant, which would be kind of weird.
    Presumably, there are upper and lower bounds as to how large a creature can make itself via magic, the same reason why Eredar can't become planet-sized at will. For Elemental Lords it could be how much elemental essence they can access, or how much essence is intrinsic to them. Insofar as we know, only god-like beings like Titans or fully-realized Old Gods can assume such proportions. Void Lords likely could as well, if they succeeded in fully manifesting themselves within our universe.

Into beasts (or spirit beasts). We're talking humanoids, which only the Mage and Rogue can currently assume the forms of.
    Not really - Malfurion has shown it is entirely possible for Druids to take on a new form that combines humanoid and animal traits, as he has more or less permanent wings, antlers, and claws even in non-beast form.

So, what gives them that power? Other than them, we don't see other Wild Gods use that power, or even the Monk who uses their powers.
    Spirit essence, presumably - that is what they're made of.

I mean, they're not part of a class's or a race's lore. They're just items you can equip with effects for gameplay reasons.
    But they do demonstrate the widespread and rather common ability for magic in a variety of forms to grant the ability for a being to change forms - you know the thing you were arbitrarily saying never happens? That thing.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    "gasp!" how could one wish Chromie gone? she buzzes around helping us, is totally cute

Quote Originally Posted by Nederbelg View Post
    No, that is what you are debating. Most of us agree that when dragons looks like dragons one time and change into a humanoid form the other, they call that a visage.
    Because they are elemental it does not mean they can't. For all we know this power was not part of the power they got from the titans but something dragons could do anyway. That would explain why dracthyr can do it too.

And one of the reasons they do it might just be because it is practical. Wrathion does say that visage forms are useful for "fitting through doors" in the Dracthyr opening quest after all.
    Dracthyr also have titanic powers.
    Why would dragons naturally have a humanoid disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Provide a suitable counterargument as to why it's not convincing. I'm convinced, no one else has raised an issue - so that seems like an arbitrary you problem.
    Because, as i said, just giving it to every powerful being has no justification or lore backup. It's just sounds like a excuse.

Presumably, there are upper and lower bounds as to how large a creature can make itself via magic, the same reason why Eredar can't become planet-sized at will. For Elemental Lords it could be how much elemental essence they can access, or how much essence is intrinsic to them. Insofar as we know, only god-like beings like Titans or fully-realized Old Gods can assume such proportions. Void Lords likely could as well, if they succeeded in fully manifesting themselves within our universe.
    I don't think these other examples change sizes at will.

Not really - Malfurion has shown it is entirely possible for Druids to take on a new form that combines humanoid and animal traits, as he has more or less permanent wings, antlers, and claws even in non-beast form.
    That's not a form. That's his attire.

Now we just need a lore evidence for the element to provide such powers.

But they do demonstrate the widespread and rather common ability for magic in a variety of forms to grant the ability for a being to change forms - you know the thing you were arbitrarily saying never happens? That thing.
    You are mixing gameplay and lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Because, as i said, just giving it to every powerful being has no justification or lore backup. It's just sounds like a excuse.
    I didn't say *every*, but it is most, and again, I've provided examples.

I don't think these other examples change sizes at will.
    "I choose to disbelieve what my own eyes see because it's inconvenient to my argument."

That's not a form. That's his attire.
    Giant antlers coming out of one's skull don't generally qualify as "attire." Also, in the quest Malfurion Has Returned, he explains that his altered form is a product of his spirit spending many years in the Emerald Dream while his body slept, and taking on the attributes of the many Druid animal forms.

Now we just need a lore evidence for the element to provide such powers.
    It doesn't matter, really - your request was for examples of other powerful beings being able to take on humanoid guises, which the August Celestials certainly can and do. The means by which why they do so are immaterial.

You are mixing gameplay and lore.
    The details of quests and the abilities of magical items are lore. You're simply trying to move the goalposts, the same tactic you've been attempting for the majority of this debate, without any real success.

At this point, I feel your continued intransigence is intentional and without a point - and I don't feel like arguing for the sake of it with someone who has demonstrated bad faith multiple times now. Either you accept it or you don't, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Feel free to respond if you like, but I am unlikely to continue further in this vein.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

Reminder, druids take on humanoid forms in the swol bear. And saberon forms.

Also shaman take on humanoid forms with their ancestral elemental form.

Also found the guy, Havi is the vrykul form odyn took on stormheim, a pretty massive change.

Idk why you are wasting your time with this aucald. He obviously is set in stone and refuses to accept even the most basic evidence. But power to ya.
    Last edited by FelPlague; Today at 04:34 AM.