Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    The Bills just need to be smarter at the end of games to beat the Chiefs
    The 49ers just need to be smarter at the end of games to beat the Chiefs.

The Eagles just need to be smarter at the end of games to beat the Chiefs.

I'm not sure intelligence is the issue, I think the issue is the Chiefs have Mahomes at the end of games and the rest of these teams don't. Even Josh Allen as great as he is, is not Mahomes.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-04-04 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    This won't hurt the Bills at all. Diggs was basically a no show the last half of the season and playoffs. He never makes a difference vs KC when it matters.

Bring in a rookie or two from a deep wr draft and it's all good.

People are waaaaay to caught up in how much money billionaires pay players and the salary cap.
    It's a $31 million cap hit with zero return in 2024, of course it hurts them. In 2025 it may have turned out great to have him off the books and an extra pick in hand, but right now it's a mess.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I'm not sure intelligence is the issue, I think the issue is the Chiefs have Mahomes at the end of games and the rest of these teams don't. Even Josh Allen as great as he is, is not Mahomes.
    You're saying this ironically but you could absolutely make that argument. Jalen doesn't have a strip sack returned for a touchdown? Jimmy G doesn't choke at the end of the Chiefs/49ers first Superbowl? The 49ers don't make the wrong choice in overtime in the second one? The Bills don't fuck up the kickoff with 13 seconds left? Patrick Mahomes is likely now 0-3 in Superbowls and Mahomes had zero to do with any of those plays/decisions.

Look at Diggs's numbers for the second half of last year (349 yards, 1 TD). This also coincided with when the Bills looked the scariest. He's also about to be 31. They did not get enough compensation, but it was still probably in the Bills' best interest to move on.

Also, I decided to check on your claim about TO. The only team that got appreciably worse was the 49ers, who also happened to lose their franchise QB that same year. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Bengals all went from bad or mediocre to being playoff teams after getting rid of TO.
    It also coincided exactly with the change in offensive coordinator from Ken Dorsey to Joe Brady. There's some criticisms out there that Brady doesn't know (or was trying not to completely redesign Dorsey's offense in the middle of the season) how to scheme WRs open, and most of our success later in the season came down to running the ball and Josh improvising, combined with more short underneath stuff to Kincaid, who only emerged in the second half of the season under Brady.

Bills are essentially placing a bet that the decline was due to his age, even though he was top 5 in the NFL in most categories under Dorsey, when it seems like to me it was Brady. And for all we know, Stef may have seen and criticized what was wrong with Brady's system - we all know he's been very vocal when those around him aren't as dedicated to the craft as he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

His critique is basically a coaching one. Mahomes + Reid is a deadly combo, even though Reid's end-of-game management sucks too.

The 49ers don't make the wrong choice in overtime in the second one?
    That wasn't even the wrong choice, the defense was gassed and Mahomes would of scored even faster than on the drive than he did. Chiefs defense would of got more rest(they where already rested for a lot of the 4th) and I doubt the 49ers can manage 8 points for the win. Their best bet was resting the defense and praying the defense could force one mistake, which is still bad against Mahomes but if they put the gassed defense out there against Mahomes to start OT it would of been a complete laugher. This all just comes down to Mahomes.

The Garoppolo and Hurts things is the exact point, yea they choked and Mahomes was clutch late in those games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-04-05 at 06:33 PM.

I just watched this YouTube video about how important luck is in the NFL. It's interesting how historically lucky the Chiefs have been over the past 6 years in the postseason, being the luckiest team in 3 of the 6 years that Mahomes has been there. As good as the results have been, maybe they aren't as dominant as they seem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfin10hS0YM

O.J. died. Forgotten amidst the facts that he murdered his ex-wife and her boyfriend, and committed violent robbery to steal back his own memorabilia was the fact that he probably led directly to the Kardashians being famous.

DeVonta Smith got a 3 year $75m extension. Makes the Browns paying Jeudy $16m a year for his extension look not as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    DeVonta Smith got a 3 year $75m extension. Makes the Browns paying Jeudy $16m a year for his extension look not as bad.
    Yea I dunno. DeVonta Smith is a lot better than Jeudy.

+Production
    +Efficiency
    +Catch difficulty/contested catch
    +Better hands
    -After the catch
    +better attitude

DeVonta's on his 4th year + 5th year option next year and then the extension kicks in through his age 29 season (2028). That's a good deal. Fair to debate if it's $75 vs $58 mil better of course (Obviously--I think DeVonta is that much better, and more, than Jeudy)

I wonder how much of Jeudy's problems were the team though. Maybe the 3 year 58 mil extension is a bargain if he can find his way back to the player he can be and the Browns are a better fit for him.

Despite me not thinking a lot of Jeudy, that may look good for the same reason DeVonta's looks good: Lamb, Jefferson, Chase are about to annihilate the WR market. It pays (the team) to go early.
    Last edited by Espo; 2024-04-16 at 10:22 PM.

I had low expectations for the Broncos new jerseys and helmets because Nike is trash, but these are terrible. Evidently they had a fascination with triangles and 5280.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I had low expectations for the Broncos new jerseys and helmets because Nike is trash, but these are terrible. Evidently they had a fascination with triangles and 5280.
    It looks like they have lightning bolts on the shoulders, why not add an eye patch and an arrowhead too?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It looks like they have lightning bolts on the shoulders, why not add an eye patch and an arrowhead too?
    The white version with the orange shoulder splat, looks a LOT like the Bengals too. For how much hoopla there was for these, these are disappointing.

Not looking forward to the Patriots changing things up.

Only thing better than these Bengals/Bears/Chargers love child jerseys is another Wilson at QB. A Stidham/Zach Wilson/DiNucci QB room is rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should just stick with the throwbacks, like the Seahawks should.

Just one more day and we're finally done with the worst part of the NFL year, i.e. "mock draft" season!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Just one more day and we're finally done with the worst part of the NFL year, i.e. "mock draft" season!
    Preaching to the choir there. Be glad when this draft gets going.

Happy Draft Day! Hope the Bills pick up a WR1, even if it means trading up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be more common and I have just blanked it from memory, but there's a LOT of rumors about a LOT of teams trying to move up in the draft. Latest is the Rams, apparently trying to get into the top 10.

Would be hilarious for all of the "the Patriots are taking calls" and so on for them to stick at no. 3 while after them the floodgates open with trades (where normally the Patriots would be very much in the thick of things when it came to trading down).

My opinion is that you don't fuck around at 3 unless you are utterly convinced Drake Maye will bomb and be the next Zach Wilson. Even if you feel that way and want JJ McCarthy, just fucking draft HIM at 3 then. Don't gamble or get too cute. And I feel you NEED to gamble on either of those guys, unless you are absolutely in LOVE with Penix and trust his medicals. But even then I would not get cute. Maybe trade with the Giants, but take Penix ASAP if you love him too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what crazy shit the Saints might pull, they're always trying to move up and the crumminess of the division has let them maintain their "win now" approach beyond when it should have stopped being sensible.

Also we have no tackles and everyone knows it so teams might be trying to jump in front if they want one.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't know what crazy shit the Saints might pull, they're always trying to move up and the crumminess of the division has let them maintain their "win now" approach beyond when it should have stopped being sensible.

Also we have no tackles and everyone knows it so teams might be trying to jump in front if they want one.
    yeah one of the few constants I have seen in mock drafts is Caleb at 1 and an OT to the Saints xD