Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    The fact that the prydwyn is in the show, and what the show , shows from Las vegas ( art in the credits and that far out camera zoom) it can be deduced that "
    - fallout 3 brotherhood won
    - fallout 4, institute is gone. And most likely the railroad 2
    Minutemen ending of Fallout 4 can lead to coexistence between the Brotherhood, Minutemen, and the Railroad.

from the fact that shady sands is broken ( aka nuked), and its shown in the show that the NCR aint there anymore means fallout 1 and 2 also do not matter anymore.
    They absolutely do. They matter historically. Fallout 1 happens in 2161, Fallout 2 happens in 2241. The TV show doesn't happen until 2296. Again, you're literally complaining that Fallout games don't have a "they lived happily ever after" conclusion that makes the outcomes of that ending permanent through the rest of time. That nothing bad could ever happen in their future.

And nope....this is twisting what i am saying ( i have said this several times before). I am not saying all happy endings should worked out. But something to show that succes can attained would be better for the show.
    Because in your logic...if you can never win, whats the point of going for it then?
    You already get that, in the games. Again, you're not complaining that there aren't successes or victories, you're complaining that those wins aren't permanent through all of time. That if you help protect the NCR is 2161, the NCR must be protected forever and that it's somehow "bad" that they get nuked sometime between 2277 and 2296. Well over a century later.

And a open end is good.
    Like if the railroad is still out there

or

vegas is not destroyed

Or

the ncr is still around ( or rebuilding)

etc

But what is shown in the show makes many of those posibilties not that likely.

and the story telling will become like the walking dead...boring.
    It clears the slate for new things. We already got New Vegas' story; it's in Fallout: New Vegas. The NCR story's been around in three different Fallouts at least. Retreading old ground that's already been done isn't "better". All we know is Shady Sands got destroyed; there could easily be a "New New California Republic" reforming out of the remnants; the NCR was more than one city. The Railroad absolutely can be around, since they and the Brotherhood could both survive Fallout 4. You're making wild assumptions.

15+ Year Old Account
    And nope....this is twisting what i am saying ( i have said this several times before). I am not saying all happy endings should worked out. But something to show that succes can attained would be better for the show. Because in your logic...if you can never win, whats the point of going for it then?
    Success has been shown though. Just not the success you want. Fallout is all about surviving in a wasteland. If you have a fully functioning nation like the NCR it changes a lot about the the theme of the franchise.

One of the endings for Fallout 4 allows the Railroad, Minutemen, and Brotherhood to coexist and survive. It places the Minutemen as the dominant force in the Commonwealth region. That would leave the Prydwen able to fly around. The endings of Fallout 1 and 2 still matter because they shaped the world of Fallout. The fallout show takes place in 2296 which is 135 years after Fallout 1 and 55 years after Fallout 2. New Vegas takes place 15 years before the show. A lot can change based on the setting that Fallout takes place in.

We also don't know that the NCR is 100% destroyed. From the show we know they are around and have some organization. They just are not a large force in the LA region. They could be elsewhere though. The show only shows us small sections of what is going on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Success has been shown though. Just not the success you want. Fallout is all about surviving in a wasteland. If you have a fully functioning nation like the NCR it changes a lot about the the theme of the franchise.

One of the endings for Fallout 4 allows the Railroad, Minutemen, and Brotherhood to coexist and survive. It places the Minutemen as the dominant force in the Commonwealth region. That would leave the Prydwen able to fly around. The endings of Fallout 1 and 2 still matter because they shaped the world of Fallout. The fallout show takes place in 2296 which is 135 years after Fallout 1 and 55 years after Fallout 2. New Vegas takes place 15 years before the show. A lot can change based on the setting that Fallout takes place in.

We also don't know that the NCR is 100% destroyed. From the show we know they are around and have some organization. They just are not a large force in the LA region. They could be elsewhere though. The show only shows us small sections of what is going on.
    sigh........do i say i want a NCR that is fully functional in multi states etc? Nope.
    But the main 2 spots where shady sands and las vegas. If both are destroyed and in the show its metioned the ncr is pretty much no more...then its most likely no more.

Again...i know the time peroid. And i am not saying all the happy endings should have happend.

And yes, there is that 1 ending....but that would mean that the brotherhood did not go after the railroad....a big source of tech. Elder Maxim has shown to be so...gentle around that subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Minutemen ending of Fallout 4 can lead to coexistence between the Brotherhood, Minutemen, and the Railroad.
    Yes in the 1 more unlikely endings.
    Brotherhood of steel had a goal to get a certain bot the railroad had. And their main mission is to get all the tech. And their leader was not really a "nice" guy. so that outcome is very unlikely.

They absolutely do. They matter historically. Fallout 1 happens in 2161, Fallout 2 happens in 2241. The TV show doesn't happen until 2296. Again, you're literally complaining that Fallout games don't have a "they lived happily ever after" conclusion that makes the outcomes of that ending permanent through the rest of time. That nothing bad could ever happen in their future.
    No i am not saying that. I am saying a hint of hope , in talking about 1 of the endings would be good. like capitol having fresh water, or that group of robot lovers in boston or something like that.

You already get that, in the games. Again, you're not complaining that there aren't successes or victories, you're complaining that those wins aren't permanent through all of time. That if you help protect the NCR is 2161, the NCR must be protected forever and that it's somehow "bad" that they get nuked sometime between 2277 and 2296. Well over a century later.
    No i am not. Thats you filling in blanks that are not there.
    Let me put it more simple.
    I am saying: there is not proof left of succes. Its been ereased by destruction. Its not mentioned.
    Or even after their destruction/passage of time did not have a positive effect on the story overal.

And again its a minor problem i had with the show...jeebus christ...you really are stuck in the way to think that i want it to be a happy disney movie. Or that i think it destroyed the whole show or something. Its just a small thing that makes it just a smidge less then perfect.

It clears the slate for new things. We already got New Vegas' story; it's in Fallout: New Vegas. The NCR story's been around in three different Fallouts at least. Retreading old ground that's already been done isn't "better". All we know is Shady Sands got destroyed; there could easily be a "New New California Republic" reforming out of the remnants; the NCR was more than one city. The Railroad absolutely can be around, since they and the Brotherhood could both survive Fallout 4. You're making wild assumptions.
    New vegas in credit rolls and from the picture is shown to be not so prestine as before. So something happend.

And i agree retreading old ground is not good story telling. But wiping it clean of the board so you do not have to deal with it is also bad writing.

Its mentioned in the show the ncr was no more...but the story isnt over yet. So there indeed might be story to tell. But it would need to be rebuild.

And the prydwyn is here. Meaning the brotherhood of steel won. If they won they wanted all tech. Meaning...the robots the railroad had. Seeing as the leader was not so nice ( steel leader) i assume its the bad ending yes.
    By looking at most of the evidence in and around the show.

And my god.....whats wrong with you people.

Just saying..i have 2 small problems with the show. A show i find great :S

To put it another way, Fallout is post-apocalyptic. That's the genre. While you can do post-post-apocalypse as a setting, it requires that the apocalypse be completely surpassed; the story is no longer about surviving the aftermath of the apocalypse because those effects are largely gone. It's difficult to come up with examples because many don't focus on the apocalypse at all; the Shannara books qualify, Star Trek theoretically might (social collapse, at least), the apocalypse is only really relevant as the "reset button" that allowed the current-era society to form without evolving from prior systems.

And while that's an entirely functional story path to follow, it isn't the genre that Fallout's set in. It's like how people might get upset if John Wick 4 had been a "John meets a new girl and quits the hitman business again" romantic drama. That could be an evolutionary point in Wick's character arc; it already was in the pretext essentially, but that's both repetitive with that pretext and, more importantly, not what people are looking for in "a John Wick movie". Or TV's Dexter becoming a lumberjack and never giving in to his dark urge ever again.

I don't think wanting to see the Wasteland recover and people band together and rebuild national or even global society is a reasonable expectation of a Fallout story, no matter the medium. The same way it wouldn't be reasonable to do an Indiana Jones story where he never leaves the university and is mentoring a troubled student who comes from an abusive home. Those might be perfectly valid stories, in and of themselves, but you're putting them in an IP that's part of a different genre entirely.
    On that I agree. I think Chris Avelone (one of New Vegas's writers) also said something similar, that the setting was becoming too civilized for his liking when Fallout shouldn't be about civilization to begin with, at least not to a widespread degree. And I think he's mostly right. Having NCR as a crippled remnant clinging to old ideals is more interesting and more fitting to the setting than having it be this huge nation-state championing freedom and democracy. A corrupt and disorderly, or almost abandoned, New Vegas is more interesting than a shining metropolis and beacon of economy and innovation.

I just wish they didn't nuke a place as important as Shady Sands offscreen in a TV show.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    But the main 2 spots where shady sands and las vegas. If both are destroyed and in the show its metioned the ncr is pretty much no more...then its most likely no more.
    Only Shady Sands is confirmed to be destroyed. The brief glimpse we get of New Vegas does not show it destroyed. Not in the best shape but still intact. Since Season 2 is happening it is safe to assume that it isn't destroyed because there is little reason to visit it if it is an abandoned city like Shady Sands.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Only Shady Sands is confirmed to be destroyed. The brief glimpse we get of New Vegas does not show it destroyed. Not in the best shape but still intact. Since Season 2 is happening it is safe to assume that it isn't destroyed because there is little reason to visit it if it is an abandoned city like Shady Sands.
    There was a reverse zoom shot of New Vegas being pretty much totaled at the end of episode 8. I think this was a stylistic choice more than anything but I can see why some people would assume it's donezo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people built up this idea of Fallout, fine, but don't want to let them go. People tend to forget that the games are spread out over hundreds of years. We already addressed that "historical accounts" aren't always accurate for one reason of another, a feature of the lore. I see some people completely mis characterize factions, the BoS being the biggest.

The BoS aren't the "good guys", they aren't the remnant of the government. They are actually pretty much the opposite of how the US government is portrayed in the Fallout universe. They are disgruntled vets who sort of lost faith in how the country was ran before the bombs so take up a more rigid authoritarian role in apocalypse. People can't b trusted with tech so they hoard it and will execute any community or faction that becomes too advanced for to their liking,no questions asked. A lot people confuse the BoS with the Enclave. The Enclave perhaps actually being bad guys but not as hostile against outside communities that simply don't agree with their ideas.

The BoS would wipe out everyone in Fallout 4 because they thought the area was growing too advanced, too much like the old world. They would otherwise leave people alone. The Enclave wouldn't just wipe out the area but instead try to figure out ways to manipulate and subjugate the region for it's own ends.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Me, content in the understanding that continuity doesn't matter if you create a well-written story.

So how come when vault 33 and 32 meet to reveal Lucy's husband, no one mentions they don't recognize a single person from 32? Shouldn't that be a huge red flag right off the bat? Kinda impossible for them not to notice, right?

Also what did that deal Moldaver offered to Lucy's dad mean? "Them or her". Thought it was some kind of choice, but she let everyone else beside him go.
    Last edited by Very Tired; Today at 02:51 AM.