Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You literally can not spam Mongoose bite though. You need to get lucky procs. Sometimes you can have enough procs to be able to hit it all the time while focus starved, and other times you will never get procs to hit it at all.

I'm glad there isn't other things like Lacerate bleed, Flanking Strike bleed, raptor strike DoT and fury of the eagle to use too. You'll never be able to spam anything. You can't spam Raptor strike to keep up the damage buff cause focus is like energy (and to be honest, I rather there be less 12-20 second buffs to have to monitor), you can't just spam mongoose bite if you get no mastery procs.

Focus is too much like energy. We don't need a fourth rogue class in the game. If anything I was hoping survival would of been more like Marksman hunter with something to spam to gain focus back, and lots of procs. Not what it is right now, even though it is playable it eh. I've personally went back to playing my retribution paladin in the alpha. More fun, little to no downtime on abilities, surprisingly vastly less RNG involved in its rotation. It sucks cause I play Holy paladin/retribution and MM hunter on live, I wanted to just switch over to hunter period on legion, and unless the next few passes drastically change survival I don't see myself enjoying it as a long term spec.

All I want to know is, just how big a pain will it be to maintain more than one spec?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You know it's, welp... alpha?
    And here I had hoped that this excuse would have died a horrible death with WoD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatexon View Post
    You literally can not spam Mongoose bite though. You need to get lucky procs. Sometimes you can have enough procs to be able to hit it all the time while focus starved, and other times you will never get procs to hit it at all.

I'm glad there isn't other things like Lacerate bleed, Flanking Strike bleed, raptor strike DoT and fury of the eagle to use too. You'll never be able to spam anything. You can't spam Raptor strike to keep up the damage buff cause focus is like energy (and to be honest, I rather there be less 12-20 second buffs to have to monitor), you can't just spam mongoose bite if you get no mastery procs.

Focus is too much like energy. We don't need a fourth rogue class in the game. If anything I was hoping survival would of been more like Marksman hunter with something to spam to gain focus back, and lots of procs. Not what it is right now, even though it is playable it eh. I've personally went back to playing my retribution paladin in the alpha. More fun, little to no downtime on abilities, surprisingly vastly less RNG involved in its rotation. It sucks cause I play Holy paladin/retribution and MM hunter on live, I wanted to just switch over to hunter period on legion, and unless the next few passes drastically change survival I don't see myself enjoying it as a long term spec.
    I know you can't spam it all day long, but you can spam it for at least 6 times during burst in PvP. I mean, it seems like noone here reads the video description or anything and just proceed on bashing because of what they think I said instead of what I said.

Yes I understand that it is alpha, but garrisons, unpeelable killing spree and 30 second foreberance were also in alpha and beta of WoD. See how that turned out.

And finally, if people didn't voice their concerns about certain aspects of the game in the testing phase, you would be getting a lot worse products than you're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And here I had hoped that this excuse would have died a horrible death with WoD...
    If it was beta then you might have a point. It's not though. There are still entire specs disabled in the alpha and talent trees/abilities are still changing all the time. Shit ain't done yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fedster View Post
    Yes I understand that it is alpha, but garrisons, unpeelable killing spree and 30 second foreberance were also in alpha and beta of WoD. See how that turned out.

And finally, if people didn't voice their concerns about certain aspects of the game in the testing phase, you would be getting a lot worse products than you're used to.
    Those are not rotational issues, those are specific, isolated design decisions. Rotations are naturally not going to feel right because a lot of things in the alpha are still broken. Hard to know if it's going to work well or not without the full context of the rotation.

As for your 'criticism', saying shit like 'SV is a one-button spec' doesn't actually apply because it's blatantly false. If you want to provide feedback then try coming up with something constructive. All you've said so far is 'one button spec' (untrue), that passive talents make it a boring rotation (no shit), you can 3-shot questing mobs (basically irrelevant), and some things about PVP (even though PVP is heavily reliant on numbers passes that won't happen for months).

Is Alpha so far ahead that dmg on abilities is close to final?

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    no because in raids things dont die in 10 seconds which is basically what this guy is showing off. you cant mongoose bite for days, you can in your opener, then you have sit on it till you have 3 stacks to use again theres actually some down time where you dont use the move at all for a while. you have to use flanking strike on cd which this guy didnt talk about, and theres also the artifact ability you want to use with high mongoose stacks.

- - - Updated - - -.
    Okay, but you say it wouldn't be good to spam MB in raids. The point I was making is how would it not be good in any situation? Literally the hardest hitting ability for the spec with the stacks it gets and getting multiple procs and using it over and over is bad in some way to you? It doesn't matter if the mob or boss dies in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, the more you can use this ability the more damage you do overall, correct? I feel like I need to point out the Hunter tier in SoO, literally spamming ES with 1-2 abilities mixed in to keep BA and SS up. I counted once for a laugh and fired 20 ES off in a row, so if MB acts in the same way, how is this not good to have happen in a raid environment? He was stating being able to spam it "for days." A common quote for emphasizing how much you can do something, you told him great for questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    If it was beta then you might have a point. It's not though. There are still entire specs disabled in the alpha and talent trees/abilities are still changing all the time. Shit ain't done yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are not rotational issues, those are specific, isolated design decisions. Rotations are naturally not going to feel right because a lot of things in the alpha are still broken. Hard to know if it's going to work well or not without the full context of the rotation.

As for your 'criticism', saying shit like 'SV is a one-button spec' doesn't actually apply because it's blatantly false. If you want to provide feedback then try coming up with something constructive. All you've said so far is 'one button spec' (untrue), that passive talents make it a boring rotation (no shit), you can 3-shot questing mobs (basically irrelevant), and some things about PVP (even though PVP is heavily reliant on numbers passes that won't happen for months).
    You will want to use MB consecutively as much as possible. That means you will, at times, use it at least 6 times in a row. That and the artifact spell is where most of your dps will be at. If you think that Survival will be about sustained dps you have no idea what you're talking about.

In PvP you will be using it the same way, regardless of the numbers they end up tweaking. Whats so strange about that? Even WW monks worked through stacking Tiger's Fury to use one button to obliterate you (Rising Sun Kick). That was incredibly stupid and very boring gameplay. I simply don't want Survival to feel the same, and at the moment they are developing the class to do just that.

Ignore the numbers, if you must, to see that the burst damage will come through mashing of a single button.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    No definitely no where near final, that typically won't happen until near the end of the beta, they're still working on class design at the moment
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Okay, but you say it wouldn't be good to spam MB in raids. The point I was making is how would it not be good in any situation? Literally the hardest hitting ability for the spec with the stacks it gets and getting multiple procs and using it over and over is bad in some way to you? It doesn't matter if the mob or boss dies in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, the more you can use this ability the more damage you do overall, correct? I feel like I need to point out the Hunter tier in SoO, literally spamming ES with 1-2 abilities mixed in to keep BA and SS up. I counted once for a laugh and fired 20 ES off in a row, so if MB acts in the same way, how is this not good to have happen in a raid environment? He was stating being able to spam it "for days." A common quote for emphasizing how much you can do something, you told him great for questing.
    No you have no idea how the ability works. After each mongoose bite the next one after does more damage but after you do your first one it only has 12 seconds before that stacking buff expires. It stacks from each mongoose bite so if you use the ability when ever it's up you will never get any stacks, so you want to wait till you have 3 charges then use them all. It's great for questing becuz the mob will be dead in 3 seconds so it doesn't matter , but for long term there's stretches where u don't mongoose bite for a while becuase you don't have enough charges of the ability to make it worth it.

Using Mongoose Bites as they become available and waiting to use them all at once gives the exact same output, only time you'd pool them is when you got a Snake Hunter and Aspect of the Eagle ready to go so you can 1x MB > Aspect > 2x MB > Snake Hunter > 3x MB

When Snake Hunter and Aspect don't exist, there's no real difference in raw output between using them as they come and pooling them. It makes sense to pool them for other purposes than raw output (keeping yourself at 2 stacks so as to not waste anything that may be passively generated), in order to put 2-3 ones back-to-back into an add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you are forgetting about fury of eagle artifact ability that increases damage by how many mongoose stacks you have . You want to use it with 1 second left on the mongoose buff and it snapshots . using it with a 2 stacks vs a 4 stacks makes a difference when it makes no difference to hold for stacks
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2016-02-08 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... a 1 button spec?

You have raptor strike (useful if you take the moknatal talent or the serpent sting talent), you also have flanking strike that gives you a buff that you really want to have up and then you have lascerate

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, and its not like rotations for a class were implemented at the start of an alpha and remained the exact same all the way till the next expansion, yea?

Except.. Thats EXACTLY what happens each and every single !@#$ing expansion ya? Some classes get an utterly boring/messed up/droll rotation early in the alpha/beta, and it remains the EXACT same until the next expansion. Could you, you know, actually use that head of yours?
    I can tell you're overwhelmed by the pain in your behind.

It's alpha, no matter how angry and prejudiced you are.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-02-08 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, and its not like rotations for a class were implemented at the start of an alpha and remained the exact same all the way till the next expansion, yea?

Except.. Thats EXACTLY what happens each and every single !@#$ing expansion ya? Some classes get an utterly boring/messed up/droll rotation early in the alpha/beta, and it remains the EXACT same until the next expansion. Could you, you know, actually use that head of yours?
    theyre reworking the entire system of multiple classes, you cant expect them to have it nailed down at alpha.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

All that means is that you'll also want to pool stacks so that you have 3 (or more) for when Fury of the Eagle is coming up. You'd just set yourself up for a situation (and there is plenty time to do that) where you can 3x MB, and hope you luck out on as many as possible, then use Fury of the Eagle at the last possible moment.

Point remains that there's no inherit benefit to always pooling and then going ham outside of these moments where whatever you're doing empowers Mongoose Bite in particular, or just your damage (you'd also do a pooling behaviour for a Feast-type mechanic, such as on Skorpyron single-target nukes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    no. /10characters
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Survival is just a dead spec, nobody will play this mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    oh I will. for one simple reason. some of the bow/gun stances and shooting animations for certain races are complete garbage and I refuse to continually subject my eyes to such trash over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    I will, i like the possibilities of new transmog with 2 handed weapons! :P

Note: I still don't think the spec is bad, is not a 1 button spec like some say!

so far i'm just disappointed in survival.

should feel unique playing a melee pet class but it's mostly just generic melee spec with a pet that has little impact.