Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Legion Alpha] Survival Hunter is very boring, basically a one button spec.

Just check this video... Basically all you have to do is spam Mongoose Bite if you wanna pull the big dps. There is no depth to the rotation, especially if you use the passive no-brain talents. They should change it because at the moment all you do is Lascerate and keep pressing Mongoose Bite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiT-1a36KA

10+ Year Old Account
    You know it's, welp... alpha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yea, and its not like rotations for a class were implemented at the start of an alpha and remained the exact same all the way till the next expansion, yea?

Except.. Thats EXACTLY what happens each and every single !@#$ing expansion ya? Some classes get an utterly boring/messed up/droll rotation early in the alpha/beta, and it remains the EXACT same until the next expansion. Could you, you know, actually use that head of yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda expect them to make this survival spec contain a hitch of some kind. either it will be unappealing, subpar dps or super complex to master.

I dont think they want 100% of the current hunter base all playing survival. mm or bm need to be competitive with the new spec. it should have a niche base so that only one, maybe two, of the four hunters in our group will be survival, maybe for some utility or cd, but id hate to have 4 more melee with the probably 3 or more demon hunters.

In some notes I've seen them claiming to be releasing a new SV talent tree and Artifact talents. Hopefully it will fix some things, current talent system offer almost no interaction with the spec other than "more mongoose derp".

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's not really one button though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can literally spec into passive talents and keep spamming Moongose Bite all day long... I've come to the point where I just spam MB and still 3 shot NPCs of my level. When I use CDs i 3 shot 5 mobs, and that means I had to use two keyibinds... Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedster View Post
    You can literally spec into passive talents and keep spamming Moongose Bite all day long... I've come to the point where I just spam MB and still 3 shot NPCs of my level. When I use CDs i 3 shot 5 mobs, and that means I had to use two keyibinds... Ridiculous.
    You literally can't spam mongoose bite all day at all, so more hyperbole?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatexon View Post
    You literally can't spam mongoose bite all day at all, so more hyperbole?
    You can spam it quite a bit actually. It has 3 charges, extra charges proc from Lascerate and you can gain 3 additional charges through a CD. So far I've managed 8 MBs in a row, but more are possible. Thats like having Mortal Strike without a CD dude, it's ridiculous!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can spam it quite a bit actually. It has 3 charges, extra charges proc from Lascerate and you can gain 3 additional charges through a CD. So far I've managed 8 MBs in a row, but more are possible. Thats like having Mortal Strike without a CD dude, it's ridiculous!
    Ah yes dude, I'm sure it's great for killing mobs while questing .

Well I'd imagine it would be at this stage in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Ah yes dude, I'm sure it's great for killing mobs while questing .
    Wouldn't being able to spam MB be great for questing, raiding, and all things PvP alike?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, and its not like rotations for a class were implemented at the start of an alpha and remained the exact same all the way till the next expansion, yea?

Except.. Thats EXACTLY what happens each and every single !@#$ing expansion ya? Some classes get an utterly boring/messed up/droll rotation early in the alpha/beta, and it remains the EXACT same until the next expansion. Could you, you know, actually use that head of yours?
    citation needed.

Seriously, if you're going to get THAT fucking mad, you had better have some really fucking good examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wouldn't being able to spam MB be great for questing, raiding, and all things PvP alike?
    Of course you can. Let me clarify this. The design at the moment is that this ability is the heavy hitter ability that the entire rotation will be based on. For now the amount of damage it does is insane and they have to change the way the ability works or at least remove the CD that gives you 3 charges of it instantly.

Just think about doing arena vs a class that has a charge with a baked in sprint, a sprint ability on CD, two types of instant roots and slows.
    Now add a very hard hitting ability that stacks up in damage in every consecutive attack, and don't forget that Mongoose Bite has no focus cost. It is free.
    You can get to the 6th stack, kill one dps and just charge to the other dps and take 90% or instagib him as well.

This shouldnt go live.

P.S.
    The Mongoose Bite also enhances the damage of WW Monk Fists of Fury like ability by the same percentage, which with just 3 stacks does around 60k hits every 1 second and you can move while channeling it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So to press 1 button you have to press 3? Is that what you are saying? If you don't mean 1 button stop saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Just check this video... Basically all you have to do is spam Mongoose Bite if you wanna pull the big dps. There is no depth to the rotation, especially if you use the passive no-brain talents. They should change it because at the moment all you do is Lascerate and keep pressing Mongoose Bite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiT-1a36KA
    You ever realize that maybe the passive talents are there for people who want brain dead specs they can do in their sleep? And that the option exists for having those extra buttons if you want a more difficult to play class.

Also, you can't -just- mongoose bite. Unless you're getting chain mastery procs which all comes down to RNG. This is almost exactly how cata arms warrior played except with focus instead of rage, so it's more balanced and easier to nerf/buff. I have literally 0 idea what you're talking about in terms of a "one button spec" when obviously there is more than one you press just in your examples, plus every other button you're going to be pressing that aren't the two you mentioned.

Not to mention, the indepth style of gameplay in terms of wanting to build up and save mongoose bite stacks to be dumped all at once promotes timing when you spam the goose. That's where the complexity of the spec is, using mongoose bite correctly and not focus capping. It's about as complex as Outlaw if you really want to get down to it, but melee classes are usually on the simple side.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you can. Let me clarify this. The design at the moment is that this ability is the heavy hitter ability that the entire rotation will be based on. For now the amount of damage it does is insane and they have to change the way the ability works or at least remove the CD that gives you 3 charges of it instantly.

Just think about doing arena vs a class that has a charge with a baked in sprint, a sprint ability on CD, two types of instant roots and slows.
    Now add a very hard hitting ability that stacks up in damage in every consecutive attack, and don't forget that Mongoose Bite has no focus cost. It is free.
    You can get to the 6th stack, kill one dps and just charge to the other dps and take 90% or instagib him as well.

This shouldnt go live.

P.S.
    The Mongoose Bite also enhances the damage of WW Monk Fists of Fury like ability by the same percentage, which with just 3 stacks does around 60k hits every 1 second and you can move while channeling it.
    It's alpha, number passes are 6 months in the future. I suggest a time machine or cryogenic freezing.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Survival in Legion is a one-button spec in the same way that Marksmanship, Beast Mastery and Survival on live are "one-button specs" with their casted focus generator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    no because in raids things dont die in 10 seconds which is basically what this guy is showing off. you cant mongoose bite for days, you can in your opener, then you have sit on it till you have 3 stacks to use again theres actually some down time where you dont use the move at all for a while. you have to use flanking strike on cd which this guy didnt talk about, and theres also the artifact ability you want to use with high mongoose stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

This shouldnt go live.

P.S.
    you are actually stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    no because in raids things dont die in 10 seconds which is basically what this guy is showing off. you cant mongoose bite for days, you can in your opener, then you have sit on it till you have 3 stacks to use again theres actually some down time where you dont use the move at all for a while. you have to use flanking strike on cd which this guy didnt talk about, and theres also the artifact ability you want to use with high mongoose stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

you are actually stupid.
    You are talking raids, I am talking PvP. Also smartass, you can use the artifact ability with the MB buff being at 1 sec left and still get the full benefit of MB buff even though it expired. That's all the time I'll spend talking to people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    July Fury Warrior says hello

Complain, be worried. If you want a reminder, go play monk or warrior