Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Isn't it about time we have an AIR based Zone???

Think of it like this, since flying will inevitably make its way back into the game via an achievement we have to complete, why not make a complete zone that has content dedicated to players who have the achievement and can fly?

For example, once you get the achievement and can fly, a new zone opens up that has several floating islands with waterfalls, and nether fragments and such that you can only access if you fly to them. It can be a complete questing zone with tons of story and flight based quests, maybe even quests that pit your flight skills against mid air obstacles etc.

Imagine outland nagrand with no ground, but on a much grander scale, and more varied; only islands with all the quest content on them.

There could be caves in the floating islands, dungeons, maybe even a raid.

Would you like this type of content? (since we have to embrace flying anyway....)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was what Mt. Hyjal was.

I flew everywhere in that zone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    We don't have to "embrace" flying at all. Nobody is required to fly in this game, with the exception of some of the Wrath and Cata content.

Since then, everything has been made accessible by the ground. You are more than welcome to enjoy your ground mount.

As for a "flying zone" Blizzard wouldn't do this because it would then require people to have flying unlocked.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

I've always liked the idea of a zone like that. Sort of like the floating rock place in Avatar(the one with the blue people fighting giant machines) or even what I imagined Spires of Arrak to be like(Thousand Needles or Utapau from Star Wars)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    As for a "flying zone" Blizzard wouldn't do this because it would then require people to have flying unlocked.
    So?

Why wouldn't it be good just because you have to unlock something first? Think of the zone as a reward for getting yourself "attuned" to flying.

Kinda like how raids were back in the good old days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I've always liked the idea of a zone like that. Sort of like the floating rock place in Avatar(the one with the blue people fighting giant machines) or even what I imagined Spires of Arrak to be like(Thousand Needles or Utapau from Star Wars)
    Exactly, but within the zone there would be many "floating rocks" with varied looks and varied monsters on them. Would be awesome imo.

No thanks, same principle as Vash and that was shit from a gameplay pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I really struggle to see how it was shit. I always get a really funny image in my head of you people struggling with it. It really is not that hard. Its like if they took away all the combos from Mortal Kombat & just encouraged you to button mash.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    no offense Vash was the BEST ZONE BLIZZARD HAS EVER MADE *except for ending up being unfinished storyline, that hopefully will continue on in a expansion*

i never had a problem with it and i enjoyed it.

apply that to a zone requiring flying mounts *and add mounted combat* and we got something new and fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    no offense Vash was the BEST ZONE BLIZZARD HAS EVER MADE *except for ending up being unfinished storyline, that hopefully will continue on in a expansion*

i never had a problem with it and i enjoyed it.

apply that to a zone requiring flying mounts *and add mounted combat* and we got something new and fun
    Regarding the bolded underlined comment, Blizzard has already shown that they are capable of implementing mounted combat into the game, WoD Nagrand Stable Outpost is my case in point. I dont think it would be difficult to allow the same thing while on a flying mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Yes, but you should have to unlock flying in this zone by farming rep in a raid that's only available as a very, very easy LFR mode.

As cool as it would be, I doubt it would happen considering how they have been regarding flight this entire expansion. Besides, if there ever was a time to do it, cata was it since the elemental lords were there. Considering we killed 2 of the elemental lords, and ones just MiA since the raid that was going to finish his story never got put in, and the final one hates mortals except for the champion who fixed the pillar, I can't foresee an elemental themed expansion coming anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Throne of the Four Winds....

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it like that weird jumpy flying you had to do for some quests in Hyjal, where you spam space to stay up in the air. No but really, a zone focused on flying but you still had to be focused to not just dive right down and die. It *could* be cool.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

they've already tried some flying mount with combat n stuff in wotlk,cata & mop.. none of it was very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    they've already tried some flying mount with combat n stuff in wotlk,cata & mop.. none of it was very fun.
    For Wrath and Mop those were all on rails, and the brief flying combat in Hyjal wasn't real flying combat; it was a speed boost with reduced falling speed, not actual flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Think of it like this, since flying will inevitably make its way back into the game via an achievement we have to complete, why not make a complete zone that has content dedicated to players who have the achievement and can fly?

For example, once you get the achievement and can fly, a new zone opens up that has several floating islands with waterfalls, and nether fragments and such that you can only access if you fly to them. It can be a complete questing zone with tons of story and flight based quests, maybe even quests that pit your flight skills against mid air obstacles etc.

Imagine outland nagrand with no ground, but on a much grander scale, and more varied; only islands with all the quest content on them.

There could be caves in the floating islands, dungeons, maybe even a raid.

Would you like this type of content? (since we have to embrace flying anyway....)
    I think it'd be fun in a game with real physics. I think WoW is simply not built for anything this complex, and you would be rather sad with the implementation, and find some way to blame LFR.

Basically every zone in Cata required flying, not just Vashj'ir. And while I did and still do love Vashj'ir, being able to swim everywhere was not one of the reasons. Also, the phrase "flight skills" as pertains to WoW amuses me deeply. There is not an activity more devoid of skill in the entire game.

I'd love to see another Icecrown/Storm Peaks in Legion, especially considering the fact that I could easily see the zone that the Tomb of Sargeras is in turning into another Icecrown where there are so many demons on the ground that it'd be suicide to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I thought that was what Mt. Hyjal was.

I flew everywhere in that zone.
    Also Vashjir.