Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Good or bad time to come back?

How is WoW right now? Is it fun with lots to do everyday and active? Is the PvP good? How about raiding, is it fresh? Will there be any new raids before the release of Legion? Thanks in advance.

The character in your sig isn't available, so not sure where you are currently.

Are you coming back with a maxed level char, and how far into WoD are you?

I'm having fun, but I'm a it of an alcoholic and completionist, so getting one of every class to 700+ ilvl is my current goal.

I enjoy running Ashran on different classes, and I'm usually able to take lead and turn it around for the weekly quest at least. I don't do much other PvP, so I can't speak to that.

If you're not already maxed, WoD questing 90-100 was pretty cool, and while the dungeons are lacking in number, they were very well done 5-mans. Challenge modes are fun as well.

Gear catchup is pretty easy at 100, and the legendary catch up isn't bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Max level and completed with first raid that dropped with WoD.

There has been one more raid since then, which is great.
    The new outdoor content has had mixed reviews - its a bunch of appexis dailies and some rare hunting.
    I personally came back for 6.2, but was bored with it again 2 weeks later.

In a couple weeks (or more) 6.2.3 will hit and introduce valor and amor upgrades again. Maybe that will help a little with the longlivity.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Is there anything that will keep the game alive until Legion drops in March or May...or whenever it drops? That seems like a long dry spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    No in all honesty, we're looking at a SoO like drought with a quarter of the content. Outside of raiding unless 6.2.3 fixes it there is very little to do outside of "fill the blue bar" dalies.

On the plus side HFC is much better then boringmual.
    Pretty much this. If not for me being a die hard fan I would have unsubbed long ago. WoD has been very light on content when compared to MoP and honestly everything before it. The only real content we ever got was the initial 6.0 drop. The questing and then the few apexis zones. Everything else has been purely raid content. If you like raids you will be fine but if you don't you are completely SOL.

6.2 added SOME world content but it is no better than what was already there. Go around Tanaan Jungle and fill blue bars to get apexis shards, some gold and that's about it. The new patch they just announced will bring back valor and add some new stuff to dungeons but even that is only a band-aid.

Unless you really just want to play the game I would honestly tell you to just wait till Legion drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an itch to play WoW,it's never a bad time to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    How is WoW right now? Is it fun with lots to do everyday and active? Is the PvP good? How about raiding, is it fresh? Will there be any new raids before the release of Legion? Thanks in advance.
    This is a great time to come back, probably one of the best times in preparation for the new patch coming out, as well as getting your characters ready for Legion. Raiding is better than ever, dungeons are great, and tons of other stuff to do in game.

You wont regret it.

Deleted
    Good to come back, if u want an awesome moose mount.

I have only recently returned after throwing in the towel VERY early in this xpac. Flying to me has saved the day a pain to get yes, but well worth the time invested if you are interesting in leveling alts.

I want to come back for the moose mount that is being released, which means I have to kill archimonde on heroic, my ilvl is only 643, so idk if I'd be able to come back and get enough gear to clear it in time.

if you are interested in timewalker and farming some new mounts. (one will no longer be available in game in legion.) then maybe for a little bit. if you left at the start of wod then there really is not that much for you to go on that you did not already have. just the same stuff you were already doing but in a different color.
    As far as pvp and pve go, you have one new raid to swim in but they don't seem to plan on making any more.
    no new pvp content.

I imagine i will come back in the minor patch for a month or two to grab the mounts and do a little bit of a touch-up in case legion looks interesting but unless you have a ton of old world content you want to do you probably wont be kept occupied until the next xpack.

I would wait for 6.2.3.

Deleted
    Nothing major has changed since then, that wasn't very long time ago.

Hellfire Citadel has started to get stale for groups that started with it in June/July, and there won't be any new raids before Legion. I don't know how many people are still forming PUGs for Blackrock Foundry.

You'll find Blackrock Foundry, Hellfire Citadel, the Tanaan Jungle zone (very similar to the Timeless Isle in Mists), and the weekly bonus events to be new content for you to do if you haven't played since Highmaul. There have been some changes to Ashran and PvP, though my guildmates seem unhappy with the current state of PvP at the moment.

If I were you, I would wait about a month until patch 6.2.3 is closer to coming out, as it will increase player participation in Timewalking weekly events, all Draenor dungeons, and Heroic HFC, along with bringing a fresh PvP season. If you want to come back before 6.2.3 to prepare for those things, do so.

TBH OP for me, this new patch info has me keen to resub, I have wanted an infinite styled drake since Black Morass. However, I am going to wait until the patch launches live, then prob a month or 2 extra, before I check it out again. After all, there will still be a good 3-4+ months until Legion even after a 1-2 month grace period after 6.2.3 releases live, so plenty of time to do everything.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I'm having fun, but I'm a it of an alcoholic
    Well the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have a problem, good for you!

I couldn't resist, but on a more serious note, I love making a new character and learning them, but I cannot bring myself to capping a character off. I have 3 Alts in mind, each with a full set of Baleful Gear, Empowered and 705 Weapons, Ring and Neck in their banks, ready to go but I can't bring myself to leveling them (especially my druid)
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    but I'm a it of an alcoholic
    Congratulations, the first step is admitting it.

Wait for next extension, if it is worth it.

Deleted
    Dont you freaking read the forums? I rarely flame people but man you must have been lost in the Amazon jungle for 6 years.