Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You won't be able to 1 doomfire it with your DPS.

Your Shadow Priest and Boomkin shouldn't be dieing to Desecration and Shadowfel Burst also. Heroic mechanics...

In Phase 1 we had all healers prepot a DPS potion and completely focus on damage. Both me and my guardian co-tank used DPS trinkets as well.

Here's a log of my first kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hW8HLQ#phase=1
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-02-07 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    You won't be able to 1 doomfire it with your DPS.

Your Shadow Priest and Boomkin shouldn't be dieing to Desecration and Shadowfel Burst also. Heroic mechanics...

In Phase 1 we had all healers prepot a DPS potion and completely focus on damage. Both me and my guardian co-tank used DPS trinkets as well.

Here's a log of my first kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hW8HLQ#phase=1
    That logs bugged as fuck unless your arcane mages really pulled 300k+ on an 8 min fight on your first kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    That logs bugged as fuck unless your arcane mages really pulled 300k+ on an 8 min fight on your first kill.
    It's only phase 1.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    Your post is very interesting but it has the potential to be wrong on both points. The first is that you had 2 days of progress and on the 3rd you improved, that does not prove the higher DPS did it, since it's the default to be just the more experience that did it. The 2nd is that you claim that bloodlust is weaker than the ring, while that probably only looks at the logs graphs because most classes wait for the ring in order to use their CDs so it's not necessarily that BL is weak, it's that some classes do the most when the ring is up only, and healers and tanks benefit from BL too but not from the ring.
    When we started over with 2 healers, it wasn't starting progression over from scratch, but it was close. There aren't really any mechanics in p1/p2 that are new or difficult to handle. Most of our 3 heal deaths were doomfire related, and our GM thought it would be the right move to push 1 doomfire so we didn't have to deal with it. We probably would have killed it 3 healing, but IMO our kill would have been delayed a week or two. If you have the DPS and faith in two healers (as well as your raid members to use their raid/personal CDs wisely) I think one doomfire is the clear way to go. The last phase is very underwhelming with current gear levels and ring and if you can make it to the last phase consistently, a kill is very near. I was ready to put in 300 attempts and 4-5 weeks on this boss and didn't expect to kill it in under 160 in 4.5 raid nights, laregely in part to the one doomfire strat.

Oh, and IMO the DPS ring CD is clearly more powerful than lust. A maxed ring works out to be over a 100% damage buff for 15 seconds.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2016-02-07 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I said phase 1 burst not overall.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-02-08 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    Here is our log from last night during lust (with a few trials).

My thoughts from us having to tweak our comp during progress to get a first kill with no rogues, 2 mages and 2 SPs/Eles/DKs. P1 burst was annoying as F.

- As someone said, get your healers to help DPS in P1. There is nearly no healing needed, and only once the desecration comes up. We used 2x VEs - you can use 1 plus a healer cooldown to avoid people moving to pick up orbs.
    - Spread out at start so not everyone moves because of doomfire
    - DPS boss only, cleave down the big add. Have your pala tank take the first big add to bubble stacks going from phase 1-->2 so he doesnt die
    - Consider having your lock go Affliction if he can push out good DPS. Destro is good in P3 but affliction will carry your boss DPS in P1 and P2. You can worry about P3 later
    - Your DKs are doing nice P1 dps. We have some solid DKs too who said that to do decent P1 damage, you neuter the rest of the fight (and especially Gripping/nuking infernals in P3). These were the first classes to swap back to a normal spec for us once P1 burst was OK.
    - Your SP is way behind. Look at ours if you want. They carry P3 boss DPS and run a different spec than normal.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24&end=4793815

Your ring is splitting onto doomfire 1 and only counting for a few people, rest of the people lose half the ring damage into dead target.
    When popping ring on pull, make sure to kill DF1 before it explodes, it will explode before DC1 and only hit boss.
    Not sure it's enough to let you push it, but it will help.